0012

『CHAPTER TWELVE

"So you've been hiding away in another dimension

"So you've been hiding away in another dimension." Jisoo slowly says as she comes to terms with reality.

The young witch wasn't exactly surprised that a place like Salvareema existed. I mean she was a witch after all, things like this shouldn't come as a surprise to her when she lived in world where magic was real and shapeshifting werewolves howled at the moon and bloodsucking vampires crept through the shadows and enchanting sea creatures loved mango smoothies.

"What exactly have you been doing?"

"I've been reading, like a lot." Jennie shrugs. Playing with the hem of her sleeve. "You guys should see the library here, it puts the one on campus to shame," she chuckled softly trying to ease her nerves.

"Your coming back right?" Chaeyoung can't help but ask, staring at her roommate. "To campus I mean."

The small smile on Jennie's lips slowly fades at the Chaeyoung's question. She asked herself that exact same thing for the past few days and she still didn't have an answer to it. The headmaster's words playing through her mind every time.

If Jennie is dangerous to the lives of everyone on campus, how can she possibly think of ever returning?

"Is it about what Mrs. Lee said?"

"You heard what she said." Jennie sighs. "If there's even the possibility of me being the reason that someone is in danger. I rather not even chance it and-"

"That's bullshitzl Irene rolls her eyes. "Headmaster Lee and your family have some underlying drama going on and the old woman is obviously projecting whatever that is onto you."

"How could you be so sure?" Jennie questions, her voice more stern now. "You were there when I figured out the truth of who I am and what my future entails. You were also there when Julie said Judith had many enemies...extremists hunting her down. Which only means that they're hunting me down too."

Jisoo shakes her head. "There's no way you can know that Jennie."

"Yeah, for all they know, Judith is dead. They probably don't even know you exist!" Chaeyoung was quick to add.

"And what if they do?"

The conversation was interrupted by none other than Julie who's stepped into the small circle, taking the seat next to her niece. She had been listening from afar, keeping her distance and allowing Jennie to catch up with her friends but her heart felt sorrow as she listened to the worries that plagued her niece's mind.

"The extremists can know your alive." Julie nods with a saddened smile. "For all we know they could have felt the wave through the portal those two times you passed through, it's true."

Jennie frowned. "Is this suppose to make me feel better?"

"No." Julie shakes her head. "This is just the reality of it all."