005

CHAPTER FIVE

TODAY WAS BEAUTIFUL

TODAY WAS BEAUTIFUL.

The weather was just perfect. The sun was blazing but it wasn't too hot. The sky blue as can be without a single cloud in sight, not a chance of rain. The wind was dancing through the air, blowing through Jennie's hair as she slightly struggled to keep her textbook from turning the page but she made it work nonetheless.

Seated alone in the courtyard, occupying her own table, Jennie worked silently as she jotted down some notes. It was her free period and she figured she'd use to the time to catch up on some work since she was already so behind in the school year.

Chaeyoung mentioned that she had to meet up with some other students for some project she'd been assigned to but promised to find Jennie after as well as Jisoo and Lisa who were still in class.

Softly humming a familiar tune to herself and tapping her feet against the ground with her black inked pen moving swiftly against the notebook in cursive.

"You must be Jennie!" A girl's voice suddenly pulled Jennie out of her head, quickly glancing up to find three girls standing directly in front of her.

Confused for second or two, she glanced around the courtyard, trying to figure out where they even came from. Dressed to perfection without a crease in sight or single strand of hair out of place. They wore kind smiles on their lips though they looked forced.

"Um, yeah."

"Welcome to Judith!" The one standing directly in the middle of the other two said. "I'm Tzuyu. This here is Sana and Jeongyeon. Top witches of Judith. We just thought we should introduce ourselves to another fellow witch."

Jennie briefly remembered Chae mentioning a Tzuyu. The popular girl who just broke up with Taehyung. She wasn't really paying attention to all the details but she did faintly remember Chae saying something along those lines.

"Oh hello, nice to meet you."

"So your friends with Taehyung?" The one named Jeongyeon says out of nowhere catching Jennie off guard.

"Uh, I guess? I don't really know him that well. He's just friends with some of my friends."

"Tzuyu and Taehyung dated." Sana now speaks. "They were the big couple of Judith. Even though they broke up, it's only been two weeks, ya know? They must still love each other, don't you agree?"

It didn't take much for Jennie to figure out exactly what was happening. They were the popular girls and they were marking their 'territory' and somehow Taehyung happened to be apart of that. Still, Jennie didn't understand what she had to do with all of this.

"Keyword...we're.." A different voice hops into the conversation from another table. The four heads immediately turning in the direction.

"No one was speaking to you Irene." Tzuyu says with a strained smile.