Five

Civil War
word count: 2680 

It'd been two years since they'd seen Bucky. Two years since they took down HYDRA in S.H.I.E.L.D. and two years since Carissa had proven Fury could trust her. That was Riss's biggest accomplishment, thought she hadn't seen him since. Things had mellowed out since their last mission. Also, two years since Rumlow had broken her arm, it's all healed now. But Bucky...Two years since they'd seen him. That hurt the young girl, of course. Now that she was older, 17, going on 18, she could be trusted with more difficult things. She finally got her own earpiece and a second holster. 'Difficult'. She'd also learned how to shoot with her non-dominant hand in case that Rumlow situation ever happened again. Anything broken or any inconvenience could be routed around now. Both made the mission they were currently on much easier as she sat across from Wanda in a little café in Lagos. She had a baseball cap on and her red-brown hair down. Riss sat with a pair of sunglasses on with her blonde hair laying around her in soft waves, as usual. They had both raised their mugs to cover their conversation.

"Alright, what do you see?" Steve's voice carried through the earpiece.

"Standard street cops." Wanda said. "Small station."

"Quiet street." Carissa told him.

"It's a good target." Wanda added.

"There's an ATM on the south corner, which means?" He asked.

"Cameras." The girls both replied at the same time.

"Both cross streets are one-way." He said.

"Compromised escape routes." They both said in unison again.

"Means our guy doesn't care about being seen." Steve said. "He isn't afraid to make a mess on the way out. You see that Range Rover halfway up the block?"

"Yeah, the red one?" Wanda asked.

"It's cute." Carissa commented. Wanda smiled behind her white mug.

Natasha cut in. "It's also bulletproofed which means private security which means more guns which means more headaches for somebody. Probably us." She sat in the open with her own pair of sunglasses on. Her mug is a darker color than what the other two had.

"You guys know I can move things with my mind, right?"

"Very cool, by the way." Carissa told Wanda.

"Looking over your shoulder needs to become second nature." Nat said. Carissa nodded at her, behind Wanda. Wanda looked over her shoulder at Nat as Sam cut in.

"Anybody ever tell you you're a little paranoid?" He asked. Carissa smirked in response.

"Not to my face. Why? Did you hear something?" She asked.

Riss laughed. "Nobody in their right minds would say that to your face, Tash."

"Eyes on target, folks. This is the best lead we've had on Rumlow in six months, I don't want to lose him." Dad said.

Carissa's stomach dropped at the mention as her arm tingled slightly. Wanda noticed, shooting her a concerned look. Carissa looked back at her, attempting to convey an expression that read she was fine.