Sixteen

word count:3334

In Carissa's eyes, Wakanda meant Bucky. Could she handle that? Does she tell him about Peter? No. Yes. Shit. Yes, of course she tells him. The whole ride there all she thought about was telling him. But she couldn't. Not now. But does it really matter? No, not really. It was a meaningless kiss. No, it wasn't. The jet landed. They walked out, being met with T'Challa. Riss walked behind Steve. Carissa wasn't sure what to do. How about she just doesn't tell him now? There's a space war going on. Now wasn't the time.

"Should we bow?" She heard Bruce ask.

"Yeah, he's a king." Rhodey said. Carissa bit her bottom lip. This was going to be great.

"Seems like I'm always thanking you for something." Steve said.

Bruce bowed. Carissa finally released her bottom lip, laughing at the man.

"What are you doing?" Rhodey asked. Carissa smiled back at Rhodey, laughing at the expression on Bruce's face. They started walking again. This time, she was on Steve's right.

"And a semi-stable 100-year-old man." Bucky's voice carried through to the girl. It was the end of whatever conversation was being held, but she didn't care. She watched as Steve wrapped his arms around Bucky as Natasha and Rhodey looked at the girl. She looked back at the two of them, but they both just continued to stare at her.

"What?" She squeaked out. Natasha bit back a smile. Bucky heard the sound of her voice, releasing his old best friend.

When Steve let Bucky go, she was directly in his line of sight. Bucky smiled, taking in her appearance. Her old cat suit fit her differently now. She was taller, but still almost a foot shorter than him and her hair was longer. She had grown into her face in the few years he had been go. 

"Carissa." He said. He watched as her eyes lit up. She sighed, relieved. He grabbed her hand, pulling her into him. She closed her eyes, burying her face in his chest. Nothing had changed. He let her go and they pulled away from each other. His hand found its way under her chin, leading her to look up. Their eyes met and he smiled. "I missed you." He admitted. He didn't know much about her, but he knew he'd missed her. There was a lot he had left to learn about the girl.

She smiled. "I missed you, too." She replied. She was breathless. His hand fell from her chin and slide into hers. Sam raised his hand up to his earpiece.

"Hey, Cap, we got a situation here." Sam and Bucky both looked up. Carissa hadn't even noticed her dad walk away.

A ball of fire hurled toward the force field. It hit, which made the small girl jump. Bucky placed a hand around her waist, holding her in place.

"God, I love this place." He said. She smiled. He released her waist, placing his hand back on his gun. Her smile faded as the cool air hit the warm spot created from his arm.

"Is it time yet?" She asked Rhodey.

"Almost." He replied.

"Rhodey."

"Patience, little one." He said. She placed a hand on her hip and glared at him. Sam laughed.

"You look like your dad when you do that." Rhodey said.

Carissa faked a gasp. "I was going for Tony." She replied. Rhodey smiled at the girl.