Fifteen

Infinity War
word count:2166 

Carissa was lucky to still have Peter after what had happened. The dreams still haunted her to this day. The detailed story she'd gotten about what happened left little to the imagination.

"I could've helped him!" She screamed at Tony.

"You had direct orders not to. It's my fault." Tony replied as guilt overcame his features.

"Yeah. It is your fucking fault." The girl barked back. But it hadn't been. She felt it'd been hers. She had left, she could've gone back. It had been her fault.

"Nothing is your fault." Peter had told her.

Her fingertips stroked his cheek. "You could've gotten hurt. Worse. Fuck, Parker. You did get hurt." His face was cut up, eye was black. The rest of him was all bruised up.

He didn't respond. His dark eyes looked back into hers.

"Carissa?" He asked.

"Just kiss me." She told the boy.

And he did. Slow, passionate. He pulled away from her slowly, resting his forehead against hers. Looking into each other's eyes, the pair both started to laugh.

"I could fall in love with you, Parker." She whispered. It was true, she could. They both could and they knew it. Part of her wanted to just as a part of him wanted her to.

"But you're waiting. I understand, Riss. Bucky is your guy." Peter told her.

"Thank you for being so understanding." She told him in a hushed voice. It hurt her to know that wouldn't change.

That had been two years ago. She hadn't seen him much since, but they talked all the time. 90% of their camera rolls were facetime photos of the two of them. She missed him. He wasn't far away, but they didn't see each other much. He didn't call her for more help, he didn't call her to be on his side again and she didn't either. She wasn't sure why. She blamed it on the age difference, her 21st birthday peeking its head around the corner. 

Last she'd checked, that was his lock screen. A picture of them. It was still hers to this day. Peter made her wait more bearable, even if she didn't see him much. Her poor dad didn't have a distraction outlet. The long hair and beard look made it obvious he was slowly losing his mind. It'd only taken two years, but he was losing it.

"Nomad look." She commented.

"You hate it?" He asked.

"The opposite, dad. It suits you." She liked it on him. She liked the feeling of her dad not giving a fuck. He smiled and nodded.

"Let's go." He said.

"Go?" She asked.

"We gotta go get Wanda." He replied.

Going to get Wanda included Natasha and Sam. She wasn't sure why they were getting Wanda. She wasn't complaining, considering the fact that it had been awhile since She'd seen them. In the two years since she'd gotten powers, she'd learned how to use them properly. She'd mastered them a hell of a lot faster than Wanda had, Tony told her, but it had taken a bigger piece of her. When Tony had made her sit out, he tried his best to come up with something to calm her mood swings. She hadn't really mastered them, really, but she was close. Or so Tony had thought. She had ditched the mask and continued to sport her cat suit. The skin-tight black material clung to her body. Her long, light blonde hair contrasted against the shiny, dark material. She was on the jet with Nat, Sam and her dad.