Dare - #69

Natasha: *finishes putting the kids to bed and kisses their foreheads* Good night, sweethearts. Happy New Year...

Steve: *waiting outside their kids' bedroom*

Natasha: *quietly walks out*

Steve: Hi, love. I really need your help with a dare that I'm gonna do during Stark's party later.

Natasha: Another one?

Steve: Yeah. KaeNicks dared me to prank the Avengers by pretending to hit or hurt you in front of them.

Natasha: *smirks* Well, then. I guess we're starting the year off with a prank, hm?

Steve: *grins* I guess we are!

*later*

Steve and Natasha: *walk into the party while pretending to argue*

Natasha: I have never heard such bullshit from you, Steve. I can't believe you!

Sam: *whispers to Maria* Bet you that they're faking it. I've seen enough of these pranks.

Maria: Alright, then. Ten bucks, alright?

Tony: Can you guys quit that? You're upsetting everyone here, lovebirds! We know you're faking it -

Natasha: *slaps Steve on the face*

Steve: *scowls at Natasha and pushes her*

Yelena: *walks into the room, sees Steve pushing Natasha, and stops in her tracks*

Natasha: *falls on the floor and starts cursing at Steve*

Tony: Alright, I take that back. That's not fake. They would never hurt each other unless they're really mad. That's my cue to get as far away from them, especially Red and Belova, as possible. *walks to the farthest corner of the room cautiously*

Maria: Ten bucks, Wilson.

Sam: *sighs and hands Maria a ten dollar bill*

Natasha: *glares at Steve* You are such a piece of shi -

Yelena: *slowly starts walking towards Steve with a scowl on her face*

Natasha: *sees Yelena from the corner of her eye and her eyes widen* Steve, wait -

Steve: *raises his hand to fake-slap Natasha*

Yelena: *grabs Steve's hand and slams him onto the floor* Don't you dare hurt Natasha!

Steve: Wait, no -

Yelena: *starts choking him*

Steve: *starts flailing around* Please...Yelena... It was a... dare! It was a... p-prank!

Natasha: Yelena, stop!

Yelena: *frowns and slowly lets go of Steve* I do not find this prank amusing!

Tony: *laughing*

Bucky: *chuckling* It was kind of funny to see Steve's face while he was panicking!

Sam: *grins and looks at Maria* Gimme back my ten bucks and give me ten bucks of your own, Hill! I actually won the bet! Haha -

Maria: *runs off* Never!

Sam: HEY! MY MONEY! HILL, GET BACK HERE!

Steve: *still gasping for air as he stands up*

Natasha: *walks over to him* Oh my God, Steve! Are you okay?

Steve: Yeah, I'm alright. Just a little shaken up.

Yelena: I'm sorry, Steve. *raises a hand to give Steve a friendly handshake*

Steve: *jumps back*

Tony, Natasha, and Bucky: *stifle a laugh*

Yelena: *laughs* Relax! I'm only gonna shake your hand!

Steve: Oh... *reluctantly shakes Yelena's hand*

____________________________________________________

A/N: Happy New Year, y'all! *party noises*