Dare - #27

Sania: *helping James pour himself a bowl of cereal*

Steve: *walks into the room*

Natasha: Steve, come on love! Talk to me! You've been ignoring me for twenty-two hours and fifty-five minutes now!

Sania and James: *exchange looks*

Steve: *walks past Natasha* I'd rather not.

Natasha: Come on. Whatever I did wrong, I'm sorry. Don't be like that. Just talk to me, babe. *gently grabs his arm*

Steve: *glares at her and grabs hold of her arm very tightly*

Natasha: *winces* Steve, you're hurting me.

Steve: Good. Now, how many times do I have to tell you that I don't want to talk to you! Not now, not ever! I hate you. *pushes her*

Natasha: *falls*

James: Dad, stop!

Sania: *rushes to help Natasha* Mommy!

Steve: *rolls eyes and walks away*

Natasha: *remains on the floor and quietly sobs*

Sania and James: Mommy?

*later*

Steve: *lays down beside Natasha on their bed* Hey...

Natasha: *turns her back to Steve and ignores him*

Steve: Now might be a good time to tell you...

Natasha: *listens but remains quiet*

Steve: I was only acting that way earlier because I was dared by EricZhang566 to torment you in any way I want for a day.

Natasha: *looks at him and glares* Well, you've definitely succeeded, you bitch.

Steve: Acting like that was the only idea I could ever think of, and I'm super sor -

Natasha: *stands up, grabs the lamp on their bedside table, and throws it at him*

Steve: *dodges* Whoa, Natasha!

Natasha: *starts shrieking at him and cursing*

*meanwhile*

Tony, Bucky, and Sam: *listening to Steve and Nat's shrieking from outside the bedroom door*

Bucky: Nowadays, with all the cursing involved, I don't even know if two people are fighting or... ya know.

Tony: I'm a well-known genius, but something like this still confuses me as well.

Sam: That's a whole lot of cursing. They're definitely at it in there.

Tony, Bucky, and Sam: *flinches when they hear a glass crash from inside*

Natasha: Fuck you three thousand!

Steve: Nat, we can talk about this peacefully. Put the shield down, put it d -

Tony, Bucky, and Sam: *flinch again when they hear another crash from inside* Yeah, they're fighting.

Steve: *shrieks* IT WAS A DARE - OOF! OW! NATASHA!

___________________________________________________