part 13

I can't believe this! I came home from the hospital yesterday still feeling like crap. My arm hurt and I keep getting headaches. I have nick and Aaron waiting on me hand and foot.

"Guys I can take care of myself." I said as they brought me lunch. "You need to stay in bed and rest. Everytime you get up you get a headache. We're just taking care of you." Aaron said. I sighed. "Are you guys going back to Lone Hill?" I asked taking a bite of the spaghetti Nick made.

"Yeah. Zak doesn't want to go, but he never does so you know how that goes." Aaron said. I nodded. "Go up to the third story. There's something up there. I'm pretty sure its James." I said. They looked at me weird.

"Who's James?" They both asked. "Hes the evil spirit that lives in Lone Hill. He's the one who scratched you and Zak. There's also a patient log book up there. You'll find his and Emersons information in it." They nodded, told me goodbye, and went on their way.

About an hour after they left I felt my headache get worse. I walked into the kitchen to get some pain relievers. As I got them I couldn't help but feel like I was being watched. I looked around, but saw nothing.

I went back to my room and as soon as I played back down I heard a door slam. It made me jump and quickly form goosebumps. The investigator side in me got back up and walked down the hall. That's when I saw all the doors open at once and them slam shut. I heard myself shriek. I ran back to my room and locked the door.

I know I'm acting like a coward, but I've never had this activity in my own house. The more I layed there the more I thought. Could this be James or Emerson?

I unlocked my door and stood in the middle of the hallway with my spirit box in my hand. "Who is here with me?" I asked. Pure silence. "Whoever you are I just want you to know that I am not afraid of you!" That's when the spirit box flew out of my hand and I was pinned to a wall. My eyes were wide with fear. "You're not afraid huh?" That voice. It was a voice I hardly knew by memory.

That's when I figure started to slowly form in front of me. Once it was fully formed it felt like my heart was in my throat. James.

He wrapped his hand around my throat making it feel like I was being choked. "What a pretty little mortal." He said playing with my hair. I tried to get away, but his grip on me just tightened. "How foolish of you to think you could get away. How also foolish of you to fall for a ghost. An apparition. Something that doesn't exist." "Where is he?" I asked.

"You're play thing? Hes at the asylum. He can't travel places quite like I can. Such a shame really. He won't get to say his last goodbyes." That's when he actually started choking me forcefully. My vision started to get blurry. I thought I was done for. That was until I felt his grip disappear. I fell to the ground trying to get my breath back.

I looked up to see Emerson holding James in the same position he had me in. "What did I tell you? I said don't go near y/n or any person she knows!" His face was red with anger. His face held rage. James was cowering in his hold. It was like in a blink of an eye James was gone.

Emerson looked at me and picked me up. "Are you alright?" He asked. I coughed and nodded. He looks at my state and my cast. "I'm sorry y/n. I've never meant for this to happen you." He said. "Its fine Emmy. You didn't know this would happen." I said. "But I still feel terrible about it. You almost died y/n!" He said with tears brimming his eyes.

"Why do you care so much?" I asked. He looked into my eyes. His gaze shifted from my eyes to my lips. That's when he kissed me. It was slow and sweet. "Because I believe that I have fallen for you." He said. I looked at him bewildered. Hiw could he fall for me and why was I falling for him? Hes a ghost! A ghost that can transform into a human being, but still a ghost.

"I've fallen for you too Emerson." I said. He smiled at me and kissed me again. "I should get going." He said. I grabbed his arm so he would stop. I simply shook my head no and basically hugged his arm. "They'd call you insane if they found out you were with a ghost." He said. "Let them." I simply answered. That's when I heard the door knob giggle. "Until next time" he said before vanishing.

By for now my loves