part seven

We all loaded into the van on our way to Lone Hill. All the guys are anxious. I have a huge smile on my face. I can't wait to be back and explore more. We're halfway there when Zak pulls over on the side of the road. "What the hell?!" I exclaim. "Is this really a good idea?" He asks looking to me. "Of course it is! This is Lone Hill Asylum we're talking about! This is Emerson Kropp we're talking about! We're uncovering this mystery and proving him innocent!" I say.

"Don't you remember that evil spirit that was there?" Aaron asks me. "Yeah. It wasn't Emerson. It was something else." I say. "How do you know?" He pushes. "Because Emersons a nice spirit. Whatever that was wasn't him." I say. "Are you really sticking up for a ghost now?!" Nick asks. "Maybe. Now come on. We still have an hour and a half of driving to do." I say slapping my brothers shoulder.

As we reach Lone Hill i run up to the front doors. They give the expected creak. "Emerson! I'm back!" I yell into the empty halls. A few seconds later I hear a faint whisper in my ear. I gives me chills of excitement. "Good job Emmy." I say back.

I take the recorder and start asking questions. "Do you remember us? If you don't my name's y/n. Can you say y/n back? Who am I talking to? Is there a hostile spirit here? If there is one what's your name?" I stop recording and replay it.

"Do you remember us?...yes. if you don't my name's y/n. Can you say y/n back?...y/n. Who am I talking to?...James... Is there a hostile spirit here... If so what is your name?...James...

"James. That's the spirit who scratched you last time!" I pointed at my brother. He nodded in agreement. We walked around the asylum until we hit a room. I room we've never been to. I point my flashlight to the walls. Writing covers them. "The void" covering most of them. "Guys!" I yell. They come in and immeaditly their jaws go slack. "This is emersons room isn't it?" We all ask. We nod. There's longer writing on the wall closest to the bed.

The void is aware of the dirty crimes you have committed! The void will capture you and not let you out! The void will consume your soul and leave you emotionless! The void will grant you your own personal hell! The void will torture you and I'll be watching! Smiling!

"It's the same words from when he was imprisoned." Nick says. It's all over!" Zak says. Just as he says that I begin feeling dizzy. I stumble onto the ground and it all goes black.

I open my eyes to see a person above me. They have a kind smile with warm green eyes. "E-emerson?" I ask. "Hi y/n" he says. "Why am I here?" Confused. "I'd thought I'd show you what this place looked like before it was closed." He takes my hands and leads me down the hall. Sick patients line the walls. "Oh my!" I say. "Yeah. It was pretty bad here." He says. Most of these poor souls dying from TB.

The smell of lead paint was stronger. "You get used to it after a while." He says sadly. "It made your insanity worse didn't it?" I ask. He nods. "I was only insane when they stuck me in here." I look at his head. Bruised. The same color as his eyes. "What did you do?" I ask tenderly touching his bruise. "Rammed my head into the door." "Why?!" "I'm insane aren't I" he asked sadly. Poor soul.

"While I enjoyed it you should probably get back to your group." He said. I nod. "Just one more question?" He nods. "Who's James?" He smiles at me. "You'll find out soon. Dear"

I woke up in the van. "Are you alright" Zak asked. "Better than okay" I smile. They look at me weird. "We are not coming back!" Nick says. "Okay" we all say. Little do they know I'll be back in a few months for my own investigation.

Thank you to LeoneGreen and aarmau21 for helping me with progressing with this story.

By for now my loves