TWENTY ONE

The birds chipped happily as the warm sun rays shone through the small gaps of the thick curtains and landing gently on the woman huddled at the corner of the bed huge enough to fit five grown men.

Her lips were chapped and pale while her eyes were red and swollen with dark circles underneath these were the obvious signs of her sleepless night.

Her mind was blank as she just stared nothing in particular.
She stayed like that for a while untill she heard a gentle knock on the door.

"Miss y/n, may I come in?" the person behind the door asked.

Y/n tried to answer but couldn't as she found her throat dry and uncomfortable.

Waiting for a little while without getting an answer the person grew worried and decided to ask again.

"M..miss y/n, may I come in?"

"....."

"I'm coming in to check on you"
The girl said as she gently pushed the door open before poking her head in in order to survey the surrounding.

A sigh escaped her lips once she found the person she had been looking for wrapped in a duvet on the bed. Looking closer the person seemed to be asleep as she hadn't moved an inch since she had come in the person's back was facing her so she didn't really know if her assumptions were right.

Bracing herself for the worst she decided to go wake her up.

"Miss y/n" the young maid called out as she gently tapped on y/n's shoulder .

"you calling a person's name too many times can become annoying" y/n said in a low tone as her eyes continued staring ahead.

"oh my apologies miss y/n" faint blush of embarrassment dusted the young maids cheeks as she apologized.

"master asked me to bring you down  for breakfast".

"um" y/n answered.

"I'll go prepare your bath, miss y/n"

......

Having taken her bath y/n sat in front of the dresser as the maid fixed her hair and face.

The place was silent apart from the birds chirping outside the window.

"are the birds here always this loud?" y/n asked as she continued staring at herself in the mirror.

The maid continued combing her hair as she answered "they are plenty of trees at miss's window which happens to be near the window"

"a garden?"

"yes, master had us prepare the closest room to the garden for you once he found out how much you loved gardening" the young maid happily answered.

"I see" y/n looked at the cherry girl through the mirror. She was the same girl that came in with her older sister from yesterday.

"what is your name?"

"Pardon?" the maid asked

"I asked what your name was" y/n repeated the question.

"oh, my name is Angelica" the girl answered.

"you have a nice name" y/n truthfully commented.

"t.thank you, miss y/n" the girl said as she shyly bowed down her head and continued fixing her hair.

"you look very beautiful" the girl commented once she was done.

"that's all thanks to you"

"oh no, all I did was add a little to what was already there. Master is truly blessed to have such a beautiful woman by his side".

"you sure know how to flatter someone"

"I wouldn't dare"

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

"where is Jimin?"y/n asked as they made their way down the stairs.

" master has been waiting for you in the breakfast room since morning "

" oh"

After a few turns here and there, they finally made it to the breakfast room.

Y/n's heart skipped a beat once she saw Jimin standing tall and proud with his back turned to them as he appeared to be reading something.

A young man stood by his side dressed in black robes Jimin listened indifferently to whatever the other man was saying only dropping a few words from time to time.

Their conversation ceased immediately y/n and Angelica stepped in.

"You have been dismissed" Jimin said as he closed the book and handed it to the man standing beside him. The man bowed to Jimin in a respectful manner before turning and walking the other way.

The man's face was covered with a hood but y/n seemed to find his back to be oddly familiar.

Jimin turned back to find y/n standing in a daze as she stared at the direction his surbodinate had gone.

His vision clouded for a moment before returning to normal once more.

Walking over to where she was standing he attempted to hold her hand and lead her to her seat only for her to step away from him.

A sigh escaped his lips as he drew a chair out for her to sit.

Y/n hesitated for a while before deciding to sit down.

Jimin sat at the other side facing her. once the both of them were seated, the servants started bringing the food out.

Angelica stood at the entrance of the breakfast room with the other servants waiting for their masters orders.

"Here" Jimin said as he put some food on her plate.

The room was quiet apart from the moving of the cutleries against the surface of  the plates.

Jimin stared at the woman in front of him who silently ate with her head bowed down and couldn't help asking.

"Are you still angry?" He asked in a soft tone.

Y/n paused a little before continuing to eat.

The man stared at her for some time and finally gave up once he didn't receive an answer.

Once they had finished eating y/n stood up to leave only to be stopped by his voice.

"Wait" Jimin said as he dabbed the napkin at the side of his mouth before standing up.

"Follow me" he said as he didn't bother waiting for her and started walking ahead.

Unedited

Why? cause I'm too lazy

And I'm also sorry for the late update

See you later

Vote, comment, share

Don't be a silent reader