What do you call cheese that isn't yours?

A/n: hello! Probably shouldn't post another story while I've got one in progress, but I'm kinda excited for this so...give it a read, lmk what you think!

Disclaimer: I own absolutely nothing, except the plot, this is ff, and not in any way an implication of the lives of anyone mentioned.

Enjoy!
*****
"Calum, that's rude! Just invite the poor kid over here!"

"I tried Luke, but he doesn't want to"

Luke frowned and glanced back at Ashton, sitting in the far corner of the cafeteria, wrapped up in whatever he was writing.

He never sat with anyone, except when Calum went over and talked to him, but even then he mostly stayed quiet.

He was the silent type, Luke decided, the kind who were great at listening. Luke would've liked to go talk to him, but he didn't want to embarrass himself. Of course, Calum only ferried himself back and forth between Ashton's table and his usual table because Ashton was his neighbour and Calum always talked about how they always used to play when they were younger and apparently they were friends.

Ashton never asked to sit at Calum's usual table, and always passed up the offer when it was presented. Calum always sat with him, and Ashton always smiled and talked to him, even if it was clear Ashton would rather be alone.

And Luke thought it was strange, that someone could pretend to be so polite, yet he figured Ashton often pretended. He could tell, but only because of how closely he watched the honey haired boy everyday. And it wasn't like he was a stalker or anything, no, he was just interested in the boy.

High school was boring. Very, very boring. And to Luke, the only thing that made it somewhat worthwhile, was the interesting people like Ashton. But, he did know almost everybody, and everything about them, as he'd grown up with most of them.

But Ashton, he was different.

Luke only knew him because of Calum, but even then, he didn't know him directly. Luke knew Calum from the football team and they became fast friends over their similar interest.

Calum also was friends with Michael Clifford because they ended up going to the same All Time Low concert a few years back. Luke and Michael then also became friends, because All Time Low, is in fact, superior.

So it was a bit confusing, their whole friendship, but at the end of the day, they didn't really care.

Michael and Luke were always at Calum's usual table, and more often then not Sierra and Crystal were as well. They were friends with each other and with Calum, who seemed to be friends with everyone. Calum and Luke's football friends and Michael's anime club friends sat at the table at alternating times, because their interests always ended up clashing.

Point being, the table was always filled. It was exactly three tables away from Ashton's table, which was angled so that whenever Luke sat facing the window, he could see Ashton.

Ashton's table was the complete opposite, as it was always just him. He always had his backpack with him, and either a book or his sketch book. Other times he was simply writing, so lost in though that Luke often wanted to read and look through his art and writing.

But that wasn't the main thing Luke found interesting about Ashton. The most interesting thing? That would have to be the boys food choices.

Well, if you could call it that. They were nonexistent, because Ashton never ate.

Luke figures he must eat big breakfasts, or in class always, the way Michael does, because at lunch, Ashton never ate. Luke, however, loved to eat.