Wedding Bliss

Liam POV

My alarm clock went off and I blearily looked at the time, half seven. Damn Lou and all the things we had to do today. Claire was still asleep next to me- I swear she could sleep through anything. She told me that she slept through a fire drill in uni; I’d totally believe it. 

 “C’mon C. Gotta wake up babe.” I murmured, shaking her shoulder gently.

“Mpfh. No.” She groaned. “’s too early.”

 I laughed. “It’s not that bad. You got six whole hours of sleep darling.” I teased.

 “How are you a morning person? It’s unholy.” Claire replied, flipping her hair out of her eyes and peering at me.

 “Dunno. Just my genes I guess.” I grinned. “C’mon. I’ll make you brekky.”

 “I suppose.” She sighed. “Carry me to the kitchen.” She said making grabby hands while she tried to detangle her feet from the sheets.

 “So demanding.” I teased, scooping her up easily.

 She squawked in protest as soon as I picked her up.

 “I was kidding Liam!” Claire squirmed in my arms and I shushed her and carried her into my kitchen easily.

 I deposited her on a chair before going to flick on the coffee maker and to look for something to make.

 “Do you know how to make toad-in-a-hole?” She asked happily, becoming more and more awake. Although that was probably due to the heart attack I gave her when I picked her up.

 “Pardon?” I asked confused. “Do I know how to make what?”

 Claire gave me a look, a third exasperated and the other two thirds fond, approximately.  “Toad-in-a-hole. I shall teach you. It’s really easy and the only way that I like eggs.” She laughed.

 I went to the fridge and grabbed the eggs. “What else do we need? “ I asked smirking.

 “Bread and cheese.” She sang in response.

 “Sliced or shredded?”

 “Surprise me.”

 I laughed and grabbed the sliced before shutting the fridge and turning to face Claire. She had made her way to the island and had the butter and knife out.

 “Heat the pan please.” She grinned. “Now watch me carefully.” She took a mug and pressed a hole into the bread, then removed the circle of bread. “Now butter this while I do more.” She instructed.

 Soon enough we had four pieces of bread that were buttered with holes in them. “Now we do it two at a time.” Claire said laying two pieces in the pan. “And crack the eggs in the hole.”  She explained as she did that. “And now they cook.” She said happily.

 “You’re such a dork.” I laughed.

 “You love me.” She shot back.

 She was right, I did.

Claire POV

 The hours leading up to the wedding were crazy and exciting. I was given a run down on order and all those things and I felt confident. The bridesmaid dresses were a beautiful lavender color and the bouquets were gorgeous.

 El looked stunning in her gown and I couldn’t wait to see Louis’ reaction.  Everything was happening so fast and next thing I knew Niall was walking me up the isle and I was trying desperately to not fall.

 Apparently Louis couldn’t pick just one best man, so he had four. I thought it was rather sweet personally. I was walking with Niall and Zayn and Perrie were behind us before El would come out. In front of us were Harry and Mags and before them was Liam and El’s sister.

 The vows were heart warming as we all knew they’d be and soon enough it was time for the reception. El ad Lou were having their first dance now and there wasn’t a dry eye in the house. 

Liam came up behind me and rested his chin on my shoulder. “Care to dance when the floor opens??” He said pressing a kiss to my cheek.

 “Sounds lovely.” I murmured.

Soon enough it was our turn to take the floor. The first song was a slow song for other couples to join the new Tomlinson’s, so Liam and I joined the couples, swaying in time to the music.

I smiled up at Liam and kissed him softly. After breaking apart I glanced around the room. Harry and Lottie were dancing and it was so sweet, they were an adorable couple. Next to them was Mags and Ian, slowly moving to the beat. They were honestly the cutest couple ever, they just fit so well together. On the other side of me Zayn and Perrie were dancing as well. Niall and Spencer were next to them as well and it made me do a double take. Neither of them told me Spence was coming but I smiled fondly at the couple before returning my attention to Liam.

 We danced and danced, enjoying the song, caught up in each other, dancing the night away.

A/N: yay here's an update!! And it's long! Shoutout to Alphie bc she is the light of my life xx have a fab week y'all!! ~Tori xx