When Things Don't Go as Planned

Harry POV

“C’mon Claire, it’ll be fun, promise.” I chided, tugging her towards my car. It was two days since Lou had overheard Claire’s confession.

“I dunno Haz.” She murmured. “I have so much to do for class tomorrow.”

“It’ll be quick. Quick and fun.” I said with a charming grin. I was trying to get her to go out to dinner with me but she was having reservations. What she didn’t know was that Louis had convinced Liam to go out with him earlier in the day and that we were planning on getting them there together and then ‘going to the loo’ so that they’d be on a date. Then to sneak back and spy. It was a brilliant plan, honestly.

“Ugh. Fine. Only because I love pizza.” She said with a begrudging smile.

“That’s the spirit.” I smiled, looping my arm with hers.

She shook her head fondly at me but followed anyway.

I slipped my phone out of my pocket and texted Louis that we were on our way there. He responded instantly that they were almost there in Liam’s car as well.

I drove to the restaurant trying to keep a straight face. It didn’t work too well as Claire asked me twice what I was so giggly about. I just laughed and said something about Lottie and she gave me that fond look and that was that. Way to pass that one off Styles.

We got to the parlor and I checked my phone to see that Lou had texted to say they were there and heading inside.

“Lets roll, m’lady.” I giggled, offering her my arm once again as soon as she had stepped out of the car.

“You’re such a dork.” She laughed, rolling her eyes.

“But you love me.” I grinned, showing off my dimples.

“Unfortunately.” Claire sighed.

I marched us into the pizzeria and spotted Lou and Li at a table near the back and trailed over to them, making a motion at them to the server so she’d understand. She smiled and bid us a good meal before helping the next customers.

“The hell Harry?” She demanded. “What’s happening??”

“Oh look. It’s Lou and Liam.” I said with the air of casualness. Kind of.

She gave me a look and I knew I was done.

“I hate you.” She whispered before shrugging off her coat and sitting opposite Liam, probably just to spite me.

I shrugged before sitting down next to her smiling at our cleverness.

Liam POV

What the hell?? I shot Louis a look as soon as I saw Claire and Harry make their way to us. Was this some sort of intervention?? A date set up??

“Lou.” I hissed under my breath. “Why are they here??”

He shrugged and I saw Claire and Harry having a whisper argument of their own.

Making a last second decision I sighed and pulled out my phone, using the table as a shield.

Quickly I typed out a text to Claire.

it’s an ambush! what do we do?

Should we tell them??

yes!!! i have an idea. I know them whn they leave to use the loo or something i’ll be sure they’re watching then follow my lead! xx

sounds good xx

I laughed to myself at the plan I had come up with on the spot.

Lou and Harry were going on about what a coincidence that we all ran into each other but Claire and I knew better. I gently kicked her foot under the table and sent her a smirk.

“Ouch. What the hell?” I heard Harry say. “Li, did you just kick me?” Towards the end the question turned coy and both he and Lou sent me knowing looks.

That was when Claire burst into a fit of giggles and I couldn’t help it, so I joined in.

I was waiting for the boys to make some excuse but the drinks came and they were still here. I was mildly surprised to say the least.

Claire had an unreadable expression on her face and suddenly she stood up.

All of us shot her questioning looks.

Claire POV

Maybe it was the fact that Liam looked especially good today, or maybe it was purely because I wanted to see Louis’ and Harry’s reactions but as I stood up I knew what I was going to do.

I paused then promptly walked over to where Liam was sitting, sat down on his lap, and kissed him full on the mouth.

He was surprised for a moment, before his lips matched mine and we kissed for a bit.

I heard Louis choke on his water, coughing from the surprise and choked out “Jesus.” from Harry.

Spinning around to face the two of them, I felt Liam lace his arms around my waist and I could feel him smile into my shoulder.

“Happy now??” I asked smugly.

“Shit Claire, I underestimated you.” Louis said with a pleased look on his face.

“Guess things ended up backfiring on both of us.” Harry mused, having recovered nicely.

“What do you mean??” Liam and I asked at the same time. We shared a grin, then turned back to the boys.

“Urgh. You lot will put me off my food.” Louis moaned. “But anyway, I heard when you told Perrie about you two. I didn’t mean to. I was gonna ask you something about class but then I heard you talking about Liam and I just happened to overhear. I only told Harry here and we were gonna trick you two into going on a date to see what would happen, but then you did that and well now we’re here.” I explained.

I put on a thoughtful face. “Hmm. Interesting.” I mused.

“Well, we were gonna tell the group tomorrow at Mike’s but looks like you two will know first.” Liam said good naturedly.

“You’re not mad?” Harry asked and Louis elbowed him in the ribs.

I don’t blame him, Liam and I are very threatening when mad.

“Nah.” I said with a giggle. “You’d have found out eventually.”

“Maybe we’ll drop the bomb in the lounge before school. That’d be hilarious. Or like write it on the board in there and hide in our rooms.” Liam mused.

“Dear Liam and Claire, you’ve come to the best people for delivering shocking news.” Louis shot Harry a look. “We’d love to help.”

I smiled to myself. “Perfect.”

A/N: Hey guys! Hope y'all are having an amazing week!! Some guy is in the hallway right now telling some people about how he couldn't find a razor so he used the nair they gave us in welcome week bags and how his face hurts now... and that's just college I guess aha Hope you guys like the story!! Shoutout to Alphie for being a nominee for homecoming Queen #slay love u bae <333 ~Tori xx