The Beginning

Liam POV

I sat at the table staring at the depths of my mug of tea. It was the first day back for teachers and school started in a week. I love my job, it’s awesome teaching great kids with four of my best friends from secondary and other great colleagues.

It was nice that we all worked together. This whole school was like a big family. London Prep had about 300 kids in it, a nice size where I easily knew all the students. I heard footsteps and looked up, ready to greet one of my best friends.

“Hi.” A pleasant female voice said with a smile. I took in her presence. She had lovely light brown hair that curled nicely around her face. The next thing I noticed were her eyes. They sparkled green under the harsh florescent light but they held an unmistakable hint of mystery in them. I think I stared at her a bit too long before I finally coughed awkwardly and returned her smile.

“Hello. You must be Claire then?” I asked extending my hand to her to shake. There had been a new teacher added after we added more classes for this term. She nodded and her smile widened a bit.

“Yeah, I’m new here.” She stated with a laugh. I joined her then realized she had no idea who I was.

“I’m Liam, by the way, Liam Payne.”

“Nice to meet you.” She replied, letting go of my hand.  “Anything I should know before school starts next week?” Claire asked.

I opened my mouth to reply when a deep voice drawled entering the room. “Well, Li who’s this?”

Claire POV

I jumped a mile high when a new voice entered the room. I spun around as Liam let out a laugh.

“Hey Harry.” He greeted the newcomer.

“So who is she?” He nodded at me impatiently. “And do you know when this Ms. Claire Hunter, is coming? She should be here soon. I hope she’s not terrible. I don’t want her to upset our balance.” He rambled on for a while before becoming silent again.

I let out a giggle at the curly haired man with similar eyes to mine. Liam joined in on my laughter and finally managed to catch his breath.

“Harry, this is Claire.” He nodded to me.

“And if we’re being honest,” I added, teasing him. “I don’t think I’m too terrible of a person.”

He had the decency to flush but quickly recovered. “Nice to meet you Claire. I’m Harry Styles, I teach the sciences.” He held out his hand and I shook it how I had shaken Liam’s.

“Are the other lads coming soon?” Liam asked Harry as he took another sip of tea. “Um Ni is running a bit late and Zayn was with Perrie last night so…” He trailed off with a laugh.

I had lots of catching up to do. “And Lou?” Liam asked. So far there were five of them. I was told there were sixteen teachers including me now. Only ten more to meet. I turned back to the conversation at hand.

“He was helping El move in last night, probably gonna be late like Zayn.” They chuckled to themselves and turned to me. “Don’t worry Claire. We’ll introduce you to everyone as they get here.” Harry said flashing me a charming grin that brought out his dimples.

“We’ve got your back.” Liam added helpfully. I could tell I was really going to like it here.

A/N: Well, here's the first chapter! Hope you guys like this story! I'm developing some supporting characters so if you have any ideas feel free to inbox me them! Thanks guys! Promise to update by at least next Sunday, maybe sooner! ~Tori xx