Waiting

Claire POV

Finally, an hour later I had a new phone. I had just imported all my contacts again when the voicemail button started to appear. A minute later there were seven new ones for me, all from Perrie. I started to panic, what was wrong? Was everyone okay?

“Li.” I elbowed him. “Did Pez call you a bunch of times too?” I asked biting my lip. “I left my phone on your couch…” He admitted sheepishly. I sighed as we left the store. “Alright. I’m gonna call her now. I hope everything’s okay…” I mumbled as I pressed the phone to my ear.

“Finally!” Perrie exclaimed, taking me by surprise a bit. “What’s going on Pez? You never call this much.” I said, worry in my voice. “Is Liam with you?” She asked quickly. “Er, yes.” “Good. Okay. Come to London Bridge Hospital. ASAP.” She said distractedly, like she was extremely worried and or preoccupied.

“What? Why? Who’s in the hospital?” I demanded. “Hospital?” Liam asked from beside me. I hushed him and focused back in on Perrie. “Harry and Lottie are both here and they won’t let us see them or anything and so everyone’s here- well except for the two of you, but that’s because someone wouldn’t answer their phones!!!” She said semi-teasing.

I blushed even though she couldn’t see it. “My phone broke so I had to get a new one today. That’s why I’m just calling you back now.” I explained. “And Liam’s?” “He forgot it before we headed out.”

“Gotcha.” She replied, then paused, probably talking to someone else for a second. “Pez, we’re on our way. Does anyone need anything? Coffee? Tea? We can stop before joining you.” I offered. If all we were gonna do was wait I might as well bring something for people to distract them.

I heard her mumble to someone else again. “Five, no six coffees.” She replied. “We’re all tired but worried.” I nodded as I entered the car. “Okay. We’re downtown already so we’ll be there in ten.” We said our goodbyes then Liam was firing questions at me.

“What’s happening? Who’s in the hospital? Which hospital?” He demanded, his caring side taking over now. “Harry and Lottie are at the London Bridge Hospital and we don’t know why yet, okay Li?” I said calmingly. I guess that was one thing I was good at, remaining calm, well most of the time anyway.

“Lottie? As in Lottie Tomlinson??” He asked and I shrugged. “I ‘spose. I don’t know. She didn’t say. I’ve no idea what they’d be doing together though. Anyway, we need to stop and pick up caffeine for everyone.

He nodded as I started my car up, the engine coming to life. “Okay. There’s a Starbucks round the corner from the hospital we can go to.” He replied clicking in his seat belt. I did the same and started the anxious drive to the hospital.

Perrie POV

“Okay.” I said hitting the end button on my phone as I hung up with Claire. “So Claire and Li were out and Claire’s phone was broken and Liam’s phone was forgotten at home, which explains why they didn’t answer until now.” I relayed our conversation to the group.

“Why was her phone broken??” Niall asked. I had a pretty good idea as to why it was broken and it involves a wall but I kept it to myself. “I dunno.” I shrugged. “Does it have to do with why she was crying last night?” Zayn asked me, giving me an affectionate squeeze.

“How’d you find out about that?” I asked, a slight laugh in my voice. “Well, it was supposed to be a lad’s night and we walked in to Li’s flat and they were asleep together on the couch.” He explained. “And they looked so cute together. But Claire did look like hell.” Louis added. I glared at him while Zayn finished. “And all he told us was that Claire was having a bad day or something and that he’d catch us next time.” He shrugged.

“Do you know anything about this?” Niall asked. I looked to El and sighed. “Kinda. But it’s not my place to tell, alright? Ask Claire about it later, not now though.” I shook my head, warding off all the nosy questions. At least it was distracting us from the situation at hand.

“Claire and Li will be here soon. And they’re bringing coffee.” I stated to change the subject. “Sounds perfect. I’m exhausted.” Margaret said, stifling a yawn. “It’s almost ten.” Ian teased her from her left. “Whatever…” She mumbled and we all laughed.

Liam POV

“Coffee, coffee, coffee.” I sang under my breath as we waited in the line at Starbucks. Claire laughed at me and I smiled, making light of the situation. “You’re weird.” She announced. “I like it.” I laughed and then I heard the barista ask what we wanted. I turned to Claire, this was her job.

“Um, seven coffees please.” She said with a smile. “Do you want one Li?” She asked before confirming the order. “Sure, I can always use the caffeine.” “Okay, so eight coffees, room for cream in four of them.”

I was about to say that. How’d she know how everyone took their coffee already? Clearing my head I saw her hand the cashier her card but I stopped her. “I’ve got it.” I said handing the woman mine. Claire protested a little bit but I assured her it wasn’t a big deal. “Besides,” I added. “you knew how we all like our coffee, the least I can do is pay.” She blushed at that and let out a small giggle.

It took a little bit but finally our orders were ready and we carefully balanced the trays as we walked back to her car. Carefully driving, we made it to the hospital in no time. Now just to see what awaited us upstairs.

Louis POV

“Finally.” I hear Niall tease. “I thought you’d never get here. I’m dying.” Zayn joined in too. “Oh ha ha.” Claire said sticking her tongue out at the boys. She never ceased to amaze me. She was always so positive and ready to be there for anyone, it was really nice actually.

“Alright, I’ve got one cream, two sugars for you Lou.” She handed me a paper cup which I took gratefully. How did she know? “Black for you, you, you, and me.” She passed them to Zayn, El, Perrie and one on the table for herself. “Li, here’s yours. Mags here’s yours and Ian here is yours.” She had finally distributed them all and took a sip from her own.

“So, any word?” Liam asked after a short period of comfortable silence. I shook my head no. “No. We don’t even know why Lottie and Harry were in a car together in the first place.” I said with mild irritation.

Niall opened his mouth to speak but a nurse cut him off. “Mr. Tomlinson?” She asked, sticking her head around the corner. “Yes?” I asked, up on my feet in an instant. “Mr. Styles is requesting to see you now.”

My face lit up. Harry was okay. But then it dropped again, just as suddenly. What about Lottie. “Can they all come?” I asked, nodding to my friends. The nurse shook her head. “Sorry, only you Mr. Tomlinson. The others will be able to join you later but Mr. Styles can only have one person at a time in his room.” She explained.

I nodded. “I’ll be back with an update, okay?” It was more of a question than a statement, but they nodded all the same.

A/N: Ugh. I think I have the flu.. I feel like death right now.. Hope ya'll like this chapter! I love you all so much! Hope your sunday funday was fab! ~Tori xx