9| I'll Protect You

Start from the beginning

"Juniper, how many times do I have to tell you to stop threatening people with that knife? I never should have let your father give that to you," Lunos Tristan butts in. Coming up to join us in a loose white t-shirt and black cut off shorts. At the sight of her mom, Juniper quickly sheathes the dagger it back to her waist. Tristan pulls his frightful little girl back into his arms which calms the demon child instantly. 

"You always were my favorite twin," I whisper to Waylon and he sticks out his tongue. 

"Mama, I was just playing," Juni whines as she turns back to her mother. Pretending to be an angel with her long dirty blonde locks and piercing light green eyes that do nothing to mask the powerful alpha in her. 

"Sorry Remy, who's your cuffed friend?" Tristan asks and I turn back to Rowan and he gave a small wave. 

"Oh yeah, this is Rowan and he- I mean they're a rogue found by the Crimson pack. Alpha Mason wanted me to bring them in and get them checked out before assigning them to a pack," I fill him in and Tristan smiles at Rowan who quickly hides behind me. 

"A rogue? Haven't seen one of those in a while but they don't seem like the scary rogue type. Are you dangerous Rowan?" Tristan asks and Juniper puts a hand on her sword but her mom quickly grabs her hand and stops her before she cuts Rowan open. 

Rowan only gives Tristan a small shake of the head as they cower behind me with just their bright hazel eyes peeking over my shoulder. 

"No, Rowan here couldn't kill a worm. They're actually a healer. I asked if they wanted to transfer to the Lotus Pack but as you can see they're kind of shy. I think for now it would be best if they stay near me," I reply and Tristan nods as Waylon looks back at the shy person in hiding.

"I agree, well it's nice to meet you Rowan. I'm the lunos, Tristan Kailea and these two are the rowdy future leaders of the pack," Tristan playfully growls at his bickering offspring and I put Wae back down on the ground. 

"Welcome home, now please Remy, take them to the doc to get those wrists checked out oh, and your wife wants to see you as soon as possible. Something about shirts not being folded? She seemed quite upset." Tristan mentions and as soon as he does my heart drops to the pit of my stomach. 

Shit, I thought I did everything right this morning like I always do. 

"Yeah um, I'll take them up now. I'll see you later," I shakily excuse myself but thankfully he doesn't notice or try to stop me as Rowan and I walk up the steps to the main castle door. 

"So you have a wife? That's surprising," Rowan mentions as soon as we're out of earshot from Tristan and the kids. 

"And you really are as shy as you said you were. What's that about?" I asked Remy and they scratch their head. 

"Just some trama I keep hidden in the back," Rowan explains and I'm sure it's some deep personal shit that they might tell me if I get to know them well enough. 

"Is that why Alpha Damian Crimson arrested you? Did you refuse to speak to them?" I ask and Rowan shakes their head. 

"No, I spoke plenty with my fist once that bastard tried to touch me. Something about how there weren't enough beautiful specimens in his pack. But he backed off once he realized what I really am. I'm lucky I wasn't on the plentiful menu of one of his deepest fantasies." Rowan whispered harshly out of anger as we walked through the echoing stone hallways to the medical wing. 

"He tried to sexually assault you?" I asked, stopping in my tracks and Rowan rolled their eyes.

"That would be one way of putting it. That's why I was cuffed and gagged. I've been in these things ever since they caught me," Rowan mentions and I bite my lip, wrapping my arm around their shoulder and pulling them close to me.