21| Where's Noah?

~Tristan~

"Mmmmm,"

I audibly groaned from our bathroom floor as I pressed the back of my head to the cool tile wall. The morning sickness was more like night sickness and I couldn't bear the thought of getting up right now. I can't sleep with the waves of nausea so I feel like a zombie, taking small naps throughout the day instead of sleeping like Mase and Noah.

Letting out a deep sigh, I looked down at my watch and rolled my eyes when the clock struck midnight. Curling my arms around my body to hug my stomach, I can't help but smile even through the pain as I tried to close my eyes.

"Good morning baby," I whispered gently to the little one, knowing they probably can't hear me yet but it's worth a shot. I'm just barely showing but I treasure the tiny bump with every ounce of love I have to give.

When I opened my eyes, I found myself back in bed with Mason's arms snuggly wrapped around me from behind and Noah's piercing blue eyes staring watching me closely.

"Can't sleep?" I asked him, gently reaching out to caress his soft cheek and he curls up closer to me, shaking his head.

He was so quiet these days that it scares me, some days he seems fine and other days it's like he's not even there. I know he's fighting a losing battle but I can't help him unless he lets me in.

"My sweet Noah," I sighed, running my thumb along his cheekbone while avoiding the swollen dark circles.

"What's eating you up my love?" I asked but I know he's not going to tell me the truth. I could only ask and hope but I'll never give up on him.

"Nothing, just thinking about you," He lies and I have to admit, it still stings just a little every time he chooses to hide the truth. I kissed the very tip of his nose and held him closer.

"I love you," I whispered gently, unable to find any words I could say that would make him feel any better as the curtain of darkness pulled my Noah away from me.

"I love you too," Were the last words he ever said to me before I fell asleep again. But when I wake up the second time Noah was gone. His missing scent tells me it had been a while ago and I slowly sit up in bed, subconsciously rubbing my small belly.

"Hey baby, go back to sleep. You were passed out on the bathroom floor last night," Mason coaxes as he gets dressed with his hair still wet from the shower.

"Where's Noah?" I asked him as I ran my fingertips over the empty sheets where he once laid beside me, a sinking feeling growing in the pit of my chest.

"I don't know hon, he was gone when I woke up but I figured he probably just went to go find Remy or the twins," He shrugs and I would push it off too but something wasn't right.

"He didn't tell you where he was going?" I ask and Mason raises his brow.

"No, have you forgotten who he is? This is Noah we're talking about. Besides, I feel like I'm walking on eggshells every time I talk to him anyway," Mason admits and clears his throat. My other mate hiding his broken heart but failing miserably. Noah might have forgiven him but the two still weren't back together in terms of their engagement and Mason was terrified of pushing the subject.

"Hey, it's not your fault, you know that right?" I remind him as he shrugs on his navy colored long sleeve button up shirt which is odd considering how warm it is but I don't really question it. He pauses for a moment before shaking his head.

"Yes it is Tris," He sighs, buttoning each small clear button but his hands were shaking as he did so. I stretch my back a little before getting up and grabbing his black tie off the dresser. Looking down, his hair was just long enough to cover his eyes but I let him hide. Knowing how hard it is for him to show his weaknesses.