27: Colors of the Wind

~Mason~

"We need to reinforce our barriers and outsiders should be eliminated where they stand. Alpha Mason, you can't tell me you don't see the problem with this,"

Alpha Damian of the Crimson pack argued with me, wanting a private meeting in the mutual gazebo with our betas behind us. I chose Remy to come with me this time instead of Noah since it's best for Tris to be with one of us at all times with his due date coming up so fast.

"And I'm telling you there has to be a better way than just slaughtering people for coming across the island. One day our packs will fill the island to its maximum capacity and what are you going to do then? Will you still kill anyone who leaves?" I ask him but he just grunts in return.

"That's a different conversation for another day. I'm telling you if those humans get onshore, some of the wolves might get mated to them and before you know it we'll have a bunch of half-blooded idiots running about and all of this island's supernatural secrets exposed for the world to see," He continues leans against one of the railing posts.

"Maybe your daughter will have a different opinion, how old is she? Four?" Alpha Damian asks with a small smirk and I narrowed my gaze in suspicion.

"She's five but I don't like what you're insinuating," I growl and the less powerful alpha laughs.

"She's got two other daddies, that's all she needs right?" He continues and now Remy shifts to his wolf form and so does the other beta, both ready to fight for their alpha's the slightest movement towards aggression.

"I got here without a father or mother to my name and I turned out just fine. I'm sure you're son will be just as resilient," I retort and Alpha Damian's Beta who's also his husband now growls at me, causing Remy to prepare to pounce.

"Kill me and you'll have an army at your doorstep, ready to start a war," He warns and the air was thick with our mutual dislike.

"ALPHA MASON!" A shout breaks our attention and I turn to find one of my shifted guards running towards us at full speed. Stopping to bow and pant as she spills out her message.

"Alpha Mason, it's Lunos Tristan. He's in labor sir and the baby is coming fast," She says and Remy looks at me for what to do next. I face Damien once more and take off my shirt.

"We will continue this conversation at another time," I growl before shifting into my large wolf form, towering over him for intimidation before running back towards the castle. It took me less than four minutes running and I was going so fast that I left Remy and the guard in the dust, heading straight for the medical wing and shifting while entering the door.

The second I do a very pregnant Rowan throws a pair of sweats at me, casting their gaze away from me as I quickly put them on.

"Where is he?" I ask and Rowan points to the room on the right but I couldn't hear any of the screams or yelling that I had imagined with the birth of one of our children. Rushing into the room, I saw Tristan laying on the bed looking exhausted but smiling as he cradled a very small bundle in his hands. Noah stood beside him and looked over the little one with tears in his eyes.

"I missed it?" I ask and Tris looks up at me, slowly raising his hand to beckon me forward. I follow his direction with unimaginable sadness, mad at myself for missing this beautiful moment for the second time.

"It's okay baby, he came so fast that neither of us expected it," Tris says as he takes my hand in his and gently kisses it before letting me see our little one for the first time. Tristan's always so calm and nonchalant about all of my mistakes and shortcomings that I wonder how I got so lucky as to have a man like him as one of my mates.