24| A Fresh Start

^Rowan & Remy^

~Rowan~

"Good Morning my love!" 

I cheerfully chirped as my grumpy Remy yawned while I poured him a cup of coffee, the smell took me by surprise as I suddenly felt nauseated by its scent and had to pause for a second. 

"How are you so awake in the morning," He groans as he rubs his eyes and I'm glad he doesn't notice my pain. I quickly shake off the sickness and discomfort to finish his coffee with a small spoonful of sugar and feel his warm arms wrap around me. 

"I can't help it, I'm more of a morning person!" I giggle as he tickles the mark on my neck with his soft lips. 

"Mmm, what if I just stay home and snuggle with you instead of going into the office?" He asks and I kiss his cheek.

"No, I have work to do in the med bay and you have a pack to look after," I gently remind him but having his arms around me felt so nice I'd hate it if he had to let go.

"What if I don't wanna," He tiredly mutters and I feel the wave of sickness hit me again but I ignore it. 

"Well lucky for you I'll be right back here when you get home," I tell him and he groans again, giving me a small squeeze before taking his mug and letting go. 

"I'm looking forward to it, I love you," He kisses me goodbye and I run my hand through his soft black hair. 

"I love you too, stay safe," Is all I ask as he walks out the door and I was unable to hold back, shifting over to the empty sink as I started throwing up uncontrollably, feeling like I was being rocked back and forth on a boat. 

I sink to the floor of the kitchen, unable to move as I felt like all the energy I once had was instantly zapped out of me. I don't want to bother my sweet Remy, besides the cold floor was comforting the heat rising throughout my body as I threw up again and passed out. 

"Rowan? Rowan!" Bahra's shouts ringing through the kitchen brings me out of my daze as I find her standing over me in shock. I let out a long sigh, thankful that my mystery illness died down for a second as she sits me up. 

"I'm okay," I tell her so she doesn't worry about me because I hate burdening anyone like this.

"Let me be the judge of that, can you stand?" She asks and I nod, letting her help me up and I lean against the kitchen counter for support. The floor had been cleaned up and so was any evidence of me being sick. 

"What happened?" She asked as I clasped my face in my hands, wanting nothing more than to collapse into bed right now. 

"I don't know, I was just fine and then I went to get Remy's coffee and I just felt so sick," I groaned as she gently rubbed my back and pulled me towards the bedroom. 

"I'm glad I came, I knew something must be wrong when you were running late without so much as a text message," Bahra mentions and I plop down onto my bed, bouncing to my side as I tried to soothe my pounding head by closing my eyes. 

"I'm going to go grab a few things but I'll be right back," Bahra warns before swiftly exiting our suite. I snatch up our coziest blanket and curl up into the smallest ball I can muster. About twenty minutes later, Bahra's footsteps come back as the click of her heels does little to hide the fact she was coming for me. 

"Okay, I brought you some ginger root tea, here's a heat pack that also switches to a cool pack if you need it and I need you to take this," She hands me a small box and even though I knew what it was, I can't help but stare at it in disbelief. 

"A pregnancy test? But I- we haven't- I haven't even gone into heat," I mention and she rolls her eyes.

"It's rare but not impossible for you to conceive," She mentions and I stand up to walk over to the bathroom. Struggling with the headache and lightheadedness to aim for the small stick. 

I placed the test face down on the counter, tapping my fingers on the sink as I awaited my answer in nervous anticipation. 

"I'll be back to check on you later but take the day off and put your feet up okay!" Bahra calls out before she leaves and I stare at the test. It should be done by now but the nerves were starting to get to me. 

What am I going to tell Remy if I am? How is he going to react? Will he be disappointed? Will he reject it? It's too soon for all of this. I'm only his partner, we're not engaged or married or anywhere close to that. 

I flip over the test and read a single word instead of two with my heart and stomach flipping together as the butterflies filled my chest. 

'Pregnant'

It's like fireworks had erupted from the test itself and I gasp, clapping my hand to my mouth as I read it over and over again. Fearing the moment I turned away it would be the opposite. But nervous dread took over my emotions as I feared how my boyfriend could react to the news.

I walk back to our room and curl up by his pillows to take in his scent before falling asleep once more. 

"Baby, what are you doing here? I thought you were at work in the med bay. Are you okay? Why are you laying in bed?" Remy woke me up with his neverending questions. I looked at the clock to discover it was around noon and he must have been looking everywhere for me. 

"I'm okay, just felt a little sick this morning," I told him with a smile but it did nothing to take away the worried grimace he wears. 

"Did you see Bahra? Do I need to get her?" He asks as he quickly runs his hand over my forehead to feel for a fever. 

"No, she came by earlier to check on me. I'm fine, just taking the day off," I tell he scrunches up his brows with confusion.

"What were you sick with? Did she tell you?" He asks and I take his hand from my forehead, holding it in mine. His beautiful hazel eyes held my gaze as I pondered how I would tell him. He's so sweet, kind, and caring, I have no doubt in my mind that he's going to be an amazing father.

"Remy, I'm sorry. I know we just met a month ago and it's really too soon but I can't imagine-"

"Are you trying to break up with me?" He asked and I can't help but burst out laughing, much to his concern.

"No Rem, I'm pregnant," I finally spit it out and it looked like I kicked all the air out of his lungs as he processes what I just said. 

"You're pregnant," He repeats and I nod. giving his hand a gentle squeeze.

"Hey baby, it's going to be okay. I love you," I try to pull him out of whatever this shock was and he lets go of my hand, turning away from me. 

"Are...are you...going to keep it?" He asked and my jaw dropped. 

"Of course I'm going to keep it! What the heck? It's our innocent little baby and I love you, so I instantly love them," I tell Remy, subconsciously hugging my stomach as if abortion could happen out of thin air. 

"Are you happy about this?" He asks and I saw his lower lids flooded with tears, that's when I knew.

"My Goddess baby, what did she do to you?" I whispered gently and he heard me. I opened my arms to him and he curled up close to me. Tackling me as he laid his head on my chest and I covered us up with the blanket before wrapping my arms around him. His tears were soaking through my shirt but I don't care as I lay in bed wondering how badly she hurt him.

Was his last mate ever pregnant?

 If so, what happened to the baby?

***************************

My wife is moving in at the end of the week so I don't know how much writing I'll be able to get done.