3| Hide & Seek

~Mason~

"Tell me where my brother is you Alpha bastard or I'll kill you where you stand,"

Rumi's grip tightened around my throat as he choked me against the cool metallic walls of the United States Navy Ship that rescued us. Standing outside the room I was assigned to with Tristan, I honestly thought it would take a little longer for Noah's brothers to find me.

But with everyone looking for their family, I guess it wasn't hard for him to find our information. Especially with a large LCD screen on the main deck showing the names and boat assignment of every person on a ship. That's where Remy had been since he got here, in a state of disbelief after being separated from his mate.

I wish Remy was here to help but there's no way I was going to stop his search for something  I know I can take care of myself.

I couldn't talk with his thick hands wrapped around my throat and I grabbed them as if to tell him I couldn't breathe. He loosens his grip and I gasp for air, holding my sore neck as I faced Rumi head-on.

"If I knew, he would be here," I told him the truth and he turns around out of pure anger, kicking the wall so hard that it actually made a dent.

"Fuck!" Rumi panicked as he grasped his hair in his hands and although I'm pissed off at him for touching me, I know he loves his baby brother more than anything else and we were both meant to protect him from all harm.

But this time I failed. We both did.

"I can't tell you where he is but I know he's alive. I would feel it if he were dead," I mention and Rumi goes to grab me again but this time a swift Nakoa stands in his way.

"Listen meathead! Mason loves Noah just as much as we do, so you need to calm the fuck down so we can save him together. Not just divide and fight amongst ourselves," Nakoa huffs and Rumi would have gotten his ass beat if he were to touch me again.

Nakoa was standing in between us while dressed in his full OCP uniform which means he must be connected to the military on this ship. His arms crossed when he let go of his brother and turned towards me. Which begs the question...

"Can you get me off this ship?" I asked Nakoa and he blinks a few times out of disbelief.

"You wanna go back out there? Are you insane?" Nakoa asks and I stop him before he can say no.

"I can smell him, since he's my mate. He has a certain scent that I can pick up from about five miles away." I offer and Nakoa pauses his argument with Rumi, but I could tell he was questioning whether or not I was telling the truth.

"Do you think you can find Noah?" Rumi asks and I gulped slowly.

"I can't make any promises but I can try. It's our best shot at finding him before it's too late. Goddess only knows what happened to him and our baby," I argue, biting my lip to avoid getting emotional on the last sentence. Nakoa nods beckoning me close with two fingers.

"I can get you out tonight on one of the little boats. Just meet me at the lower deck at seventeen hundred. Don't be late," He says and walks away leaving Rumi and I alone in the tight hallway.

"Find my baby brother," Rumi demands with one last shove before walking in the direction where Nakoa was headed. Finally breathing out a long sigh of relief, I lean back against the wall and run my hands through my hair.

"Shit," I grunt, thinking about where we could even start looking for my missing mate. Walking back inside the small room where Tristan was laying down, I caught him sprawled out on the floor.