𝟏𝟕

𝓢𝓾𝓷𝓭𝓪𝔂
𝐃𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟑, 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟕
°𝓟𝓻𝓮𝓷𝓬𝓮°

" get yo foot out my ass bitch." I say to Noe. We were all at My'lynn's house. On some Sunday's her mom will invite us over for some good ass food. We in her bed waiting for the food to get done.

" get yo ass off my foot." He says kicking me.

" Noelle imma beat yo ass."

He chuckles

" My'lynn when the food gone be done a nigga is hungry."

" Noe am I cooking?"

He looks at her.

" ya'll get on my fucking nerves." He says getting up and going to the door.

" where you going?"

" to eat yo fine ass momma." I laugh and he leaves before she could reply. She gives me a look for laughing.

" you needa be looking at him like that bruh not me."

" fuck both of ya'll." She says her geechee accent flourishing.

" ya'll accents mad funny yo."

" your's ain't no better."

" I ain't had know what ya'll was saying when I first moved down here."

" yeah now your new york talk is barely there. you talk like us." She says with a chuckle.

She wasn't lying. The only time you could hear my New York accent was when I was when I was mad, or something.

" so tell me," She says after a while " how's everything been since the thanksgiving brawl?"

" I wouldn't call it a brawl but it's cool I guess."

" you and Khai?"

" mhm."

" I see." She says and I sense her disappointment which tells me to explain myself.

" he apologized and I can't just leave him."

" but if you're happier with someone else why not?"

" it's complicated bruh."

She sits up and repositions herself Indian style.

" elaborate." She says facing me.

I sigh.

" I like Wizyrd, I like him a lot but I can't just leave Khai after giving him another chance. Yeah he done did some stupid shit but he was there for me when I ain't have nobody and I was there for him. We been through too much and honestly leaving him is probably something I won't be able to do."

She laughs.

I ain't say shit funny.

" where the joke at?"

" prence listen, you're only saying that because you haven't found someone to treat you better than Khailil does. actually you have you're just so stuck on Khailil. He has done some fucked up shit recently and you need to realize what you deserve and that's happiness. it is going to hurt to leave him but that other person will heal the pain."

I sit with my head down. I know Khai isn't the best but, he isn't the worse. No one sees the good things he do. Only the bad is spoken of. The problem is that the bad is outweighing the good.

" foods done!" We hear Noelle's loud ass shout. She gets up and goes towards her door.

" you not coming?" She says turning around seeing me in the same position.

" nah I ain't got an appetite."

She nods her head and leaves the room

I hate life.

°°°
After eating, Noe and I stayed there till around 7. Just talking and laughing with one another. He was my ride so I told him whenever he was ready we could leave. I laid my head against the window as we went in the direction towards my home.

" you good?" I hear from the drivers seat.

" yeah."

It's silent for a while.

" you look like you got a lot on yo mind."

" I do." I say stressfully.

" is it the whole relationship shit."

I don't answer, letting the silence answer for me.

" just don't overthink prence."

" whatever."

The rest of the ride was silent, we were at my house in the next five minutes. We say are goodbyes and I walk to the front door of the house. I unlock the door and go inside. Same scene as always when pops is home: old school music blasting from the kitchen with him at the kitchen table with a bottle of Taylor Port.

" jay that you?" He calls out.

" yeah." I say walking into the kitchen. I sit at the kitchen table. Pops looks at me for a while before getting up and going to a cabinet. He grabbed another glass and came back to the table. He poured a little bit of wine into the glass and handed it to me. I have him a questioning look and he shrugs.

" it'll help you sleep better. Loosen up too. What you overthinking?"

I hate that I'm so predictable.

" you don't even have to answer cause I know."

I put the glass to my lips and drink the acidic liquid. I make no face as it slide down my throat.

" jay I know you have a lot on your mind. The shit you have been through and are going through ain't easy but you got to be strong. Don't let it take over you and send you to a dull place." He drinks some more then continues talking.

" you've been strong for so long, stay that way. I think it's time I got you a therapist. I think it will help you overcome the events of your past and help clear your head of negative thoughts so that you could enjoy life more. Everyday I look at you and I see the toll it's taking in you. It's like there's a dark cloud hovering over you and I hate to you see you like this, especially since that if I was around I could've prevent-" he stops abruptly and starts again.

" I just hate seeing you like this prence."

I down the rest of what's in my cup and and stand up from my chair.

" I appreciate that pops but I'm good. ion think talking to some random person bout it will make it any better." I leave the kitchen and go to my room. I take a quick shower and get in bed.

Another restless night.

•••
𝓿𝓸𝓽𝓮
𝓬𝓸𝓶𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽
&
𝓮𝓷𝓳𝓸𝔂