𝟖

𝓜𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓪𝔂
𝐍𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟑, 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟕

°𝓟𝓻𝓮𝓷𝓬𝓮°

The weekend goes by mad quick. Its 7:23 and I'm on my way to school. I left the house a lil earlier cause I wanted to stop at Starbucks and get some coffee. 

Wish I had some gas.

As I'm leaving Starbucks, I get a text from Wizyrd asking me to pick him up. I not sure if I want to do that. I know he'll feel some type of way since I've been avoiding him but maybe he won't since he asked me to give him a ride in the first place. I'm hesitant to respond but ultimately text reply with 'otw'. His house wasn't far and I'm hoping he'll have some weed, he looks like a smoker.

After a ten minute drive I pull up at Wizyrd's house. His car isn't in the yard but his sister's car was. I text him and let him know I'm outside and hope this won't go awkwardly. He took less time coming out this time and was in the car a few seconds after I sent the text. He ain't seem like himself. He looked tired or something.

We rode without saying a word. He'd look at me every now and then but wouldn't say nothing.

" Why you need a ride?" I ask tired of the silence. "You have a car."

He turns his head slowly and looks at me blankly.

" Pops needed it." He replies simply. I took that as he didn't want to talk about it so I didn't ask further questions. After saying that, he pulls out a small dime bag and a pack of Optimo's, He starts rolling up and I just drive. I delighted on the inside.

" You wanna just go back to my house? Its already 7:50 we gonna be late anyway and smoking in the parking lot is stupid." He shrugs drying the blunt with a yellow Bic. That was the fastest I've seen somebody roll.

He ain't no rookie.

After fifteen minutes, we get to my house. Pops car wasn't in the driveway. Good thing he gone cause I was just hoping he wouldn't be; nigga work schedule is so inconsistent. After parking the car, he leans the seat all the way back, lights the blunt, and takes a hard hit. He takes another one then passes me the blunt. After a few rotations, I the marijuana begins to take effect on him because I notice his attitude changes to a more lighten one. The drug was effecting me as well, all I could do was sit with my head against the head rest.

" Why you was avoiding me?" He ask suddenly.

"I wasn't." I lie, passing him the blunt.

"Cap." 

I don't say anything.

" Ion know." I say after a while. " It seems you got yourself some new friends though."

He looks confused for a while until he realizes who I'm referring to.

" Yea. Something like that I guess." 

We keep exchanging the blunt and talking.

" Yo nigga don't like me." He says with a chuckle.

I already knew that.

"Why you figure that?" My voice low and deep from the weed.

" I guess cause that day I snatched you up from em." He says hitting the blunt. " And I know that nigga."