𝟏

𝓢𝓾𝓷𝓭𝓪𝔂
𝐍𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟓, 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟕
°𝓟𝓻𝓮𝓷𝓬𝓮°

" man get out my face with bullshit bruh" Kailil said before walking into the kitchen.

I get up from the couch and follow him. When I enter the kitchen he's getting something to drink.

" whatchu mean? how do you not see anything wrong with that shit yo?" I ask

He tries to leave the kitchen but I'm in his way. He could easily move me but he know better.

" as we're eating the waitress comes over and ask for yo number and you give it to her. In front of me!" I say recalling the everything that happened earlier.

He just sucks his teeth and look down at me with a blank expression.

I wanna beat his ass but I know that's a fight I probably won't win. He's a tree compared to me

" look Jay I'm sorry, I didn't know she meant it like that."

Ain't no way he didn't know what she meant but I let it slide cause we already argued four times today.

Before he leaves he bends down and kisses me. I wait a couple seconds before kissing him back

This is all our relationship is now. Him doing some fuck shit then we argue. On occasion he'll storm off like a two year old that is. He acts as if we're not together; like we haven't spent the past 3 years together. He acts nonchalant about everything, never replies to my text or calls, and flirts with other people. It's like I'm in a relationship by myself. He wasn't always like this. In the beginning, he was kind, compassionate. We would laugh together, cry together, eat together everything. Now we can't even be in the same room with each other with out argument.

My name is Prence Jayvon Payne. Him and my dad our the only ones who call me Jay. My dad has always called me that and he started doing it as a joke but I guess it stuck.

I sit at the kitchen table with my head down.

I'm annoyed.

The sound of the door opening and slamming shut causes my head to fling up.

Either kai left or my pops is home. I'm sure it was the first choice though.

I was born and lived in Brooklyn with my mom up until I was 14, the middle of freshman year, then I moved here, Charleston, South Carolina, with my dad. I've been here for a while, three years to be exact, and its been fun. I met Khailil and my two best friends here. Getting away from New York was a must, living with my moms was hell.

I sit for another fifteen minutes before my phone vibrates.

Noelle: be at your house in 5.

I don't text back and just wait for him to pull up. I almost forgot I was suppose to be going to get food with him.

Exactly five minutes later I hear a car horn. I get up and make my way to the front door. Khailil did leave because the living room was empty. I don't even care right now. I lock up the house and proceed to Noelle's car.

glad I'm off today.

I get into the back seat without a word and look out the window.

My two best friends, Noelle and My'Lynn, both turn around in the front and look at me.

" the fuck wrong with you?" Noelle ask from the driver's seat. " yo period on?"

I look at him with a blank face then turn my attention back out the window.