" work." I close my locker and turn towards him.

" damn I was tryna see a movie or some."

We walk to the parking lot together then split to go to our cars. I get in mine and go straight to work.

°°°

" even with that little bruise you still cute boo." Areya says.

We have the easiest job. Nobody come in here so we just sit behind the counter and talk and we almost always work on the same days.

" wassup with you and wizyrd tho? Yeah I know about y'all lil FaceTime calls at night."

I laugh.

" we chillin."

" mhm."

" He should be here with my food in a lil bit."

She squeals and scares the hell out me.

" I ship y'all so hard. Y'all couple name gone be Prezyrd or Wizence."

We laugh and after a few minutes wizyrd was coming through the door.

" took you long enough." I say taking the bag from the counter once he reaches us.

" my bad." He chuckles

" where mine?" Areya asks.

" at the restaurant."

" you ain't shit." She says walking around the counter. " I'm going to get food bitches." She shouts loudly and walking out the door of the store. That girl need help bruh.

" that girl dumb." He says leaning against the counter. " you look tired."

" I am. I'm ready to go home."

" got a hour left not long more."

" that is long."

" it's gone go by quick."

" whatever." I say as I eat my food.

We talk till my break is over and then he leaves.

I wish he could stay.

Areya comes back and with finish our shift laughing and talking.

°°°

I get home and I'm tired as fuck. All I wanna do is sleep. When I get in the house, pops is in the living room watching something.

" hey pops." I say going in the living room.

" wassup son. How was work?"

" tiring." I say plopping down on the couch.

" you don't do nothing but stand behind a counter Jay."

" that's tiring."

He chuckles and goes back to watching his the tv. I catch him glancing at me every once and a while.

" how you feeling?" He finally asks.

" I'm cool."

He turns his head towards me and stares at me. I don't look back at him, only cause I knew what the result would be. Ultimately, he turns his attention back to the tv. I sit with him for a while longer before I get tired and go up to take a shower. As I'm getting up to leave, he calls me.

" huh?" I answer.

" you know I love you and I'm here for you right?"

I smile.

" I know pops, I love you too, and I'm fine I promise."

He returns the smile with a nod and I make the journey upstairs.

•••
𝓿𝓸𝓽𝓮
𝓬𝓸𝓶𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽
&
𝓮𝓷𝓳𝓸𝔂