Chapter 38

Chapter 38

BRANDON'S POV

When I woke up, I was in a hospital. I noticed I had a breathing tube down my throat. Great. Stupid smoke. I looked to my right to see my parents, Blade, Bailey and Alex.

"Mmmm" I groaned and my dad shot up while everyone else stayed asleep. I smiled as best as I could and he ran to my bedside.

"Brandon" My dad whispered, grasping my hand.

"Babe, what are you doing?" My mom asked, barley awake.

"Brandon's awake" Everyone else woke up and rushed to both sides of my bed. All the girls started criyng and I chuckled.

"Are you laughing?" Alex asked with a smile. I nodded and wiped the tears from her face. She giggled and kissed my jawbone. The doctor came in so everyone went to the sides.

"Brandon, are you feeling better?" I nodded. He pulled the tube out of my throat and asked if I could breathe alright. I nodded, my throat hurting really bad. "Can you talk" He asked.

"Yeah, but it hurts" I said, my voice scratchy.

"Okay, do you know what may have caused this?" I bit my lip and fought back tears. "Did you inhale smoke?" He asked and I looked at my parents before nodding. "How?"

"I-I smoked with my f-friends." I stutterd. I saw my mom clutch onto my dad and heard her sob.

"Okay, were you ever informed that because of you being born pre-mature, you won't be able to be around smoke."

"Yes, I-I thought I out grew it."

"Unfourtanatly, this is one thing you will nto be able to grow out of."

"Got it" I nodded.

"Alright, I'll leave, call me or a nurse in if you need anything."

"Alright" I said and he left.

"Brandon" My mom sobbed, kneeling by my bedside.

"I'm so sorry" I croaked out.

"It's fine" My dad said, rubbing my mom's back. There was a knock on the door and I looked at my dad.

"Come in!" He called and I saw Ethan peek in.

"C-Can you guys go outside?" I asked and they agreed. Soon, it was just Ethan and I in the room. I bit my lip as I just stared at him.

"D-Do you know who helped me?" I asked.

"I did."

"R-Really? Even though I was an asshole to you? I would've expected you to leave me there to die."

"I could never do that to you Brandon. Yo-your my friend, I mean, if you still want to be friends with me."

"Of course I do Ethan!"

"I-I just couldn't bare to see you like that. The rest of the team started running away when you hit the ground."

"Assholes"I growled. He nodded.

"I yelled for help and as soon as a teacher waas coming your way, you passed out and I freaked out even more."

"I-I'm sorry"

"It's not your fault."

"Yes it is, I'm not supposed to smoke and I know that!"

"Then why did you?" I sighed.

"I-I thought I outgrew it."

"Well apparently you didn't" He chuckled.

"Nah shit sherlock" I said, jokingly. I heard a knock on the door and called them in.

"It's Alex" She said as she walked in.

"Hey babe" I said and she smiled. She walked over to me and climbed in the bed with me. I kissed her before going back and talking to Ethan.

I was kept in the hospital another day before being released. I stayed home from school the next day but went to school the day after that.

"Hey Brandon, how you feeling?" Brad asked, putting my hand on my shoulder.

"Fine" I said simply.

"Sorry about us abandoning you, we just didn't want to get in trouble."

"I understand" I said, forcing a smile.

"The guys would've done it to me if I was in your position"

"Brad! I said it was fine!" I said as the bell rang. I slammed my locker and went to my first class. I wasn't mad at Brad, I was annoyed.

*******************************************************************************************************

Sorry if it sucked XP