Chapter 43:

Chapter 43:

BRANDON'S POV

It had been two weeks since Alex and I broke up and I couldn't take it anymore. I had been moping around school and taking all my frustration out in football.

"Brandon" My dad knocked on the door.

"What" I groaned as he walked in.

"Wanna come to band practice"

"No" I said, biting my lip. I heard him sigh.

"A-Are you going to be okay here alone?" He asked.

"I'll be fine"

"Alright, be safe and call if you need us, bye" He said, ruffling my hair and leaving. They left and I layed there for another five minutes before getting on my computer. I went straight to Youtube to listen to a song that I've been listening to for the past two weeks.

I see you standing here

But you're so far away

Starving for your attention

You don't even know my name

I pulled my acoustic off the hook on the wall and started figuring out how to play the song. I soon added singing and worked on it until my door was opened.

"Brandon." My dad said.

"Yeah?" I asked, looking up and wiping a tear from my cheek.

"You doing okay?"

"Yeah" I said, running my fingers through my hair. "How long were you guys gone?"

"Two hours"

"Holy shit" I said in shock. "I've been playing guitar for two hours straight!"

"That's great! What were you working on?" He asked, sitting on my desk chair.

"This" I said, playing the video.

"Can I hear it?"

"Sure, I almost got it done." I said as I started  to play.

"That I'm yours to hold" I finished up and he had a smile on his face.

"That is awesome!" He said.

"Yeah, thanks" I said, bitting my lip and looking at my computer screen.

"Look, I know this break up is hard" He said as he took the guitar out of my hands and wrapped his arms around me. "I know how both of you are feeling, I've lost the love of my life and been cheated on. I understand where she's coming from Brandon."

 "But I didn't cheat!" I sobbed.

"I know! I believe you! Girls are very unlike guys, you need to give them some space before trying to fix it. I promise you'll get her back Brandon, she loves you very much."

"Thanks" I said, hugging him back.

"See ya" He said as he left my room. I went back to playing my guitar until I had the song perfect.

"Night Brandon." My mom popped her head in.

"Night." I said, closing my eyes and waiting for the door to close. I waited 10 minutes before sneaking downstairs. I checked all the rooms and everybody was asleep. I snuck back up to my room and opened up my window.

"Fuck" I said as I saw rain falling. I threw my guitar down before jumping out myself. I picked up my guitar and sprinted to Alex's house. I saw all the lights in her house were off so I found the window to her room and strapped my guitar on.