ryan gosling

Liv had quickly fancied up to James and I was now sitting with Will, sipping my vodka soda because I'm scared of what I might do, or say if I drink too much. What if I go full emotional drunk and cry about Calum. What if I call him twenty times and leave twenty drunk voicemails. And there I was, thinking about Calum. I started to get frustrated at myself. Forget about him, I told myself, this beautiful man is sitting in front of you, forget about him.

"You have something on your mind?" Will asked.

"I- um-"

"Sorry, I know we've just met, I don't mean to get in your business."

"No, it's fine. I'm just a little off I guess."

"Why's that?"

"To put it simply, I'm still getting over a breakup."

"Oh, ouch. I'm sorry to hear that. The guy must've been a fool. He's probably kicking himself right now seeing you out, looking this gorgeous right now. It's sure his loss."

I know he was just saying this to slyly flirt but I was in the mood to fall for it. I finished off my vodka soda. "Would you mind getting me another?" I asked.

- - -

Five- wait six I think- drinks later and I was gone. Will and I had great conversations that I am no longer able to recollect and soon, we were out on the dance floor, dancing like absolute idiots but neither of us cared. 

"Do you want to go back to mine?" Will asked. 

"Yeah, sure," I slurred, giggling, "You are pretty hot."

Next thing I know, I'm in the back of an Uber, stopping in front of a snazzy apartment building.

Will reaches out his hand and helps me out of the car. "You alright? You sure you want to go inside?"

"I'm okay. Let's go," I smiled.

We walked up to his apartment which was much more luxurious than mine. I wish I could even remember what the name of his company was, or what he actually did for a career, because sign me up.

He played some soft music in the background as we sat on his clean, white sofa. He brought me a water to drink and we chatted for a while. He was making sure I was comfortable before he tried to pull anything yet. I knew this move too well. A few minutes later, he was sitting in closer, and his hand lingered to my cheek.

"Has anyone every told you, you have mesmerizing eyes," he said. Wow, it was like he was quoting a romance movie. Or maybe reading from a dating manual. Either way, a little cheesy. His fingers stroked my cheek smoothly, tucking a piece of hair behind my ear. Maybe he was Ryan Gosling. "Really, they're breathtaking. Bright, sparkling. I could look at them all day."

I blushed, simply for the fact that this Ryan Gosling-lookalike was hitting on me. He slowly leaned in, placing his hand around my waist and his lips on mine. But it didn't feel right. 

"I'm sorry, but I can't. I-I gotta go," I stuttered, grabbing my bag.

"Wait, Maya, I'm sorry if that was too much-"

"No, it's not you, it's me. I'm not ready, I'm sorry."

- - -

I sat on the curb outside of Will's apartment, waiting for my Uber home. Liv had went back with James and I was alone, and sad, and thinking about Calum. I looked at my phone as if it was begging me to call him, tell him I miss him and I want him.

Screw it, I'm calling him.