pancakes

I woke up to someone poking me in the cheek. I groaned and stuffed my face in the pillow.

"Your cheeks are so cute" he giggled. I picked my head up and he was literally two inches from my face. He smiled and poked my cheeks again. I rolled my eyes and fell back into my pillow. I had no idea what time it was, but I was still tired. The sun was already out, which means it is probably pretty late. But screw it, I'm sleeping.

"Maya... get up," Calum whispered, poking me again.

"Let me sleep," I grumbled.

"Fine." Well that was easy. I felt the bed move a little and then warm hands wrapped around my waist. He tugged me into him, pressing his body against mine. Now I just wanted to stay in bed with him all day. I quickly fell asleep again and I could hear his soft snoring next to me.

\\\

I woke up again but this time to Caleb jumping on the bed and nearly breaking my leg.

"What the hell, Caleb?" I yelled, sitting up. That's when I realized I didn't have Calum wrapped around me anymore. 

"You need to get ready. Like right now. Hurry!" He yanked me out of bed and shoved me in the bathroom.

"Why? What happened? Caleb, I swear if you did something-"

"No, no! It's something good, trust me. But you need to get dressed. Wear something casual but nice. Got it?" He rushed out of the room and left me standing confused in the bathroom.
I hurried and got ready, getting anxious. I showered, did my usual makeup, etc. I put on a loose fitted, short black dress. Not fancy but kind of fancy. I left my natural, wavy hair. I heard a pounding on the door which I guess was my signal to finish up.
I walked into the kitchen and gasped at the breakfast laid out. And the chef behind it all, Calum. He smiled, flipping a pancake onto a plate. He greeted me with a tight hug and soft kiss.

"You like it?" he asked, pointing his little spatula at the table.

"This is really sweet of you, Calum. Thank you," I replied, kissing him again. "I've never had a guy make breakfast for me before."

"If a guy wakes up to a beautiful girl like you, they need to get their ass up and make breakfast for her."

"I like your boyfriend, Maya," Caleb said, with a mouth full of pancakes.

"Oh. We aren't exactly, um-" I stuttered, trying to find the right words.

"And I like you too, bud," Calum interrupted, "You're sister is best girl in the world. Besides my mom, because, you know, it's my mom."