Chapter 2: Wrong One

Start from the beginning

I hid my face in his shirt and cried softly.

“Don’t Shy,” he said softly in my ear. “Don’t cry on me. You’re too tough of a wolf for this.”

“I’m sorry,” I piped. “It just really scared me.”

“I know.” He tightened his hold on me and swayed from side to side. “We’ve been together this long, I don’t think they’d separate us now.”

“I’m not like you.” I wiped my face and slowly calmed down. “My bloodline isn’t good, and I’m an omega. They’ll get rid of me to anyone that’ll pay for it.”

“That’s not true,” he replied sternly, glancing toward the door. “It’s not.”

It was though. West know it. He could lie to himself about until the day they did send me away. I prayed that they won’t though. I’d stay an omega forever if meant we could be in the same pack. I rather be a servant than be separated from him. I needed him. I needed him until Ranger came from me.

Leaning against his side, I closed my eyes.

“You’re thinking about him again,” said West.

I nodded. “Do you think he’s still looking for us?”

West scoffed. “Ranger, he’s a possessive jerk with the ego of a typical alpha. Can’t believe he even try to deny his status for so long.”

I peered up at him.

“That means yes, Shiloh,” he said with a smile. “The man had his pride hurt. Like hell is he going to let anyone embarrass him. Not to mention,” he flicked up my chin, “you’re still his mate, Shy. He’ll never stop looking for you. You’re my own hope of getting out of here actually.”

“That’s not true.” I sat up and rubbed the faint mark under my shirt. “It’s faded. I barely can even see it anymore.”

“But it’s still there,” added West quickly. “To Ranger even if you can’t see it, to him it’s still there and always will be. So don’t doubt him.” He leaned back on his arms. “It would hurt the bastard’s feelings if he found out.”

I smiled and sucked in my lips to stop.

“It’s true,” stated West. “Ranger would stomp around all day, muttering to himself with that scowl on his face, snapping at anyone who looked at him.”

I laughed a little. So it was true. My mate had a few anger problems, but he had always been so kind to me. Even when we first met, he had been so sweet. He kept me safe from anyone.

“I miss him,” I said softly, picking at my nails.

West sighed. “Yeah, I miss his heartfelt insults too.”

“West.” I pushed him with my foot.

“What?” He shrugged. “I know his hateful comments were from the heart.”

I covered my mouth, laughing to myself.

“He did fight for us, though,” breathed West, rolling his head to the side. “He was going to take on Northern Ridge for me. I’ll take his crap if it means being his packmate. Besides,” West took a deep breath, “one day he’s going to rescue us from this hellhole.” He glanced at me. “And mate you properly.”

My face lit up. I covered it with my hands and bowed my head. “Don’t.”

“Ahhhh,” West leaned over to me, “did I embarrass you?”

I turned my body away from him. “You’re not funny.”

“Oh Shy,” he sang in my ear. “You know he’s going to. He can’t use the excuse you’re a pup anymore. You’re all grown up now, and look at you.” He grabbed my arm and lifted it above my head. “You’ve gain a few muscles on that wiry frame.”