Chapter 23 ➵ Shoes Pt. 2

Will's Pov:

What does he mean by, "you can say it"?

I can say what?

Him asking it throws me off guards and makes me going into a stumbling mess with my words. Is he talking about what I think he is?

"Will.." he repeats

He's saying my name a lot...

"Mike...?" I hesitate. "I d-don't understand."

He rubs his thumb across my cheek. "O-Okay, then I'll tell you later." Mike proceeds to nuzzle our noses together, causing me to go into a blushing mess.

I don't understand why it makes me all flustered and warm inside, but it does a lot.

My face feels like its on fire and my stomach is a pit of butterflies.

'I'm totally not crazily in love with you.'

I wonder if he has the same butterfly feeling... or if he feels warm inside when he's around me.

Mike presses his lips against mine before I'm able to speak.

I inhale sharply at the warm contact and return a kiss.

A shiver goes down my spine and my body goes tingly. Mike quickly becomes aware of his effect on me and moves his hand from my face, down to my waist.

He still smells of vanilla and lavender, and I can taste the faint mintyness from his mouthwash on his lips.

"M-Mike." I mumble against his lips.

He hovers his mouth over mine by a few centimeters.

"Hm?" He breaths.

We both take a few seconds to catch our breaths.

"As much as I want to keep kissing you... I'm sleepy. Let's get some sleep."

He nods, before kissing me one last time, then plopping back down onto his back.

He's adorable..

'Why can't he just love me back?'

'Why does love have to be so freaking complicated!?'

Mike turns towards me and scoots forwards so we can feel eachothers body heat.

"Mike."

"Yeah?"

"Goodnight."

"Will?"

"Mike I said goodnighhhtt." I whine.

"No, listen to me."

"Fineee." I roll my eyes. "What is it?"

Mike's smile turns to a serious look. Which I wasn't really used to, since I always see him playful and happy.

"Hi." Mike chuckles.

"Ugh you're so annoying." I whine again. I scrunch up my nose and poke him in the forehead.

"I am not. I just want to spend the night talking to my boyfriend." He smiles.

"Why didn't you just say that? Its way easier than annoying me." I pick up the pillow next to me and playfully hit him with it.

"But annoying you is fun."

"How?"

"You have cute reactions."

"How do I have "cute" reactions?" I groan.

"You scrunch up your nose and your face turns pink, and your eyes light up..." he trails off.

I feel my face get even hotter. He needs to stop before all of me turns red 😫

I give him a small smile.

'I would say I love you, but... we both know that can't happen.'

"Will?"

'Why do you keep saying my name like that?'

"Hm?"

"What are you thinking about?"

I boop his nose with my finger.

"Nothing important." I giggle.

~

We both end up falling asleep quickly after. After complaining for 10 minutes, Mike said "fine, we can go back to sleep."

I had my head on his shoulder and his head was leaning on my head.

When I'm with Mike, I don't feel different. I feel, complete. Perfect. Not some weird f*g who needs mental help.

I feel like nothing in this world can make my life bad anymore. Not even a demogorgon.

If only I could have been with him sooner.. life would have been a lot easier if he was by my side... as my boyfriend. Not best friend.

Now, he is still my best friend, but he's also my boyfriend so it's obviously better.

When he was just my best friend, I had to watch him go out with Eleven every second of the week. That never felt good.

But I did smile when she dumped his ass..

I thought, "hahaha! Mike you should be proud of yourself. You got her to leave."

Funny.

She came back though. Then became my sister. (Love you lil sis) (you still piss me off though)

Finally. ITS MY TURN TO BE HAPPY. I get to be selfish just this once! I've waited long enough. It is my turn. My life was great until my parents divorced, then I got kidnapped by a freaking monster.

Don't you think I should get a break too? 

—————

Short chapter since this is a Part 2 🤪

Also, this is an extra chapter than I was planning so you're welcome 😉 

Zzz

Xxx

- K

Back to Hawkins || ➵ Bylerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें