Chapter 5 ➵ Cerebro

Will's Pov:

Finally. Freaking finally.

It has been. The longest. 4 weeks. Of. My. Entire life. 14 years and a half to be exact.

We were able to go visit all of my friends.

Dustin, Lucas, Max. Mike!!

Oh, and Steve. He's pretty cool.

He is the mom of the group.

ANYWAYS.

I was excited that we get to visit.

The last 4 PAINFUL, EXCRUCIATING weeks I had to go to stupid school.

Terrible terrible terrible.

All I had to do was show Eleven around the classrooms, tell her what a classroom even was, what a cafeteria is, what a textbook is, what lined paper is, what a period is (A class period. Get your head out of the gutter. Anyways, Will wouldnt know much about that anyways so..)

She never shuts up! Oh my god. Im sorry Mike.

She's practically ON TOP of me 24/7.

Don't get me wrong, I would rather be with her than be by myself, (mainly because she fights off all the bullies)

But she... can be... cool.

For example, she's really funny now. Like, she can understand and tell jokes which is pretty cool.

She's nice to me, but too nice.

Like I can be a total asshole to her, and she will still smile.

I dont know... I really should be the nicest person to her, but it can be really hard.

Being around her brings back a floodgate of my horrible memories and it really kills me.

All of that pain, fear, and depression comes back to me and runs me over like a truck.

When Mike radioed me. Yes. I repeat, he radioed ME first. From cerebro, he told me that me missed me and stuff........ then he said that he wanted all of us to visit.

At first I was hesitant because you know, Hawkins is the place that had all the shit going down. But I think now Im ready.

I know it has only been 4 weeks, but Im ready.

After all, not all of my memories of Hawkins are bad.

That where I met all of my best friends, and Mike..

Trust me, I would never want to live there, but visiting seems fun.

~Flashback to walkie talkie call~

Mike:

"This is Mike, Will do you copy? Over."

"Who the hell..?" I tell myself.

Who could possibly be calling me at this hour?

"Will do you copy? This is Mike. Over."

I slowly walk over to my walkie and pick it up.

Mike was calling me? What are the odds.

"This is Will, I copy. Over." I smile to myself.

I hadn't hears his beautiful voice in a long time.

I never realized how much I would miss it.

"Hey Will. Good to hear your voice again. Over."

Will leans down on his bed and blushes.

Is this a joke? Mike actually called him, and told him is was good to hear his voice?

"Will? Over."

"Oh yeah. I'm here. Sorry."

He doesn't hear a voice for a few seconds which reminds him,

"Oh sorry, over."

"You don't need to apologize so much Will. Over." He listens to Mike's soft laugh through the speaker.

"Sorry... I mean.. yeah I know.... So how are things in Hawkins? Over."

"They're okay... I really miss you guys though. It's honestly not as fun. Over."

"Really? I rarely ever talked after... um." He pauses and takes a deep breath.

"After the whole, issue.. Over."

"Well, you were still fun to be around Will the Wise."

"Am I dreaming? For real. You're acting calling me? Over."

"Um why wouldn't I?"

"Because you call El every day. I was starting to think you forgot about me.." Will trails off.

He didn't want to sound selfish, very well knowing he was.

He understands that El is his girlfriend and everything, but Will is Mike's BEST FRIEND. More than any of the other kids in the group.

Will was Mike's first real friend.

He didn't know, it just made Will sad for some reason.

"Dude! How could I forget about you. You're.... you're my bestfriend. Over."

"You too.. Over."

"Anyways.." Mike says awkwardly.

"How's NewYork? Over."

"Not so good. Over."

"Why not? Are you getting bullied again? Is Eleven being bullied? Over."

"You don't have to worry about me, Mike. Just worry about your girlfriend."

"Um, what?" Mike says sounded offended.

"Way to go Will." He runs a hand down his face.

"Will, this is what happens when you let your emotions control yourself. Calm the frick down." He tells himself.

"Will? You there? Over."

"Yeah Im here. Over."

"Skipping everything else, how would you feel about visiting in a few days? My mom says that we are available if you are. You guys can spend a few nights. Over." Mike proposes.

"Oh my- that sounds awesome! I'll ask her now."