Chapter 1 ➵ Long Drive

General POV: 

Will had lots in his head. Not all bad, but the majority were. He was excited to get away from all those terrible memories that town held, but he was saddened that he had to leave all of his friends behind in order to feel safe. 

They were planning on moving to New York since Jonathan was wanting to study there at NYU. It was his dream to go there since he was a little boy. The cost was definitely going to be a problem, but if he got a job and worked hard, he and Joyce both believed that he would make it. 

Will has always wanted to go to New York. Weirdly enough, he wanted to live in a big city. Not a small town. Living in this city will give him better shots at getting more friends like his others. 

Actual friends. Not fake ones. Nice ones. Like Mike. Mike was the first person who was ever nice to Will in school. He loved him for that. Mike always cared about Will and his well-being. 

Mike never liked seeing WIll sad or hurt in any way. It really bothered him. Ever since Will was finally found, Mike had to be way more careful about what he said to Will. He didn't want to upset him, or make him feel uncomfortable.

One time, Will had got pushed onto the ground in the halls by Troy and his goon during first period passing time.

They had called him names he he would never reciprocate to anyone else.

They called him a f** and a queer. They made fun of his clothes, and told him that he was stupid for getting lost in the forest.

If only they knew what really was going on in the Town of Hawkins, Indiana.

Anyways, it upset him so much that he skipped 2 days of school because of the 2nd hand embarrassment they caused him.

But that didn't stop his friends from visiting him. All of them visited. They told him that troy and his goon was an asshole and didn't know what they were talking about. Which was very true.

Mike was so pissed, he even asked El if she could make troy piss his pants again. Which she did. She also made him fall straight on his back in the hall. 

Speaking of El, she's still riding in the car with Joyce while Will is with Jonathan. 

She wasn't very excited about leaving either, but she knew it was for the best. For one, she wouldn't have to live in a town that has done terrible things, two, she wouldn't have to be afraid every second of her life that there's a demogorgan lurking around the corning about to pounce. 

In New York she would be safe. She thought. 

She was also able to go to school after everything was settled down. Joyce was going to try to get her enrolled in the same grade as Will, but she didn't know if that was even possible. 

Will wasn't excited AT ALL to go back to school. He knew very well that he was still going to be bullied for whatever reason. 

He knew he was also going to have to show El around and what it is like being in school since she has never been. 

It's not like he has a problem with her, it's just that he doesn't feel comfortable doing it. He'll just be extremely awkward. 

that's one thing Will and El had in common. Even though they didn't realize it much, but El was not the people kind of person either. 

She hated talking to anyone she didn't know. Made her very scared. 

Will on the other hand wasn't afraid to talk to random people, he just didn't want to because he is VERY socially awkward.