Chapter 18 ➵ Christmas Shopping

Will's Pov:

Today I found out that my mom found a plane ride back to New York in 4 days.

4 days.

F o u r d a y s.

What the hell!

I cant leave in FOUR DAYS! Thats insane!

It's going to take 5+ day just saying goodbye.

I don't care if I've been here for over a week. I love it here.

Yeah, Hawkins has shitty memories, but this is my home!

All my friends are here. I belong here as well. They are like my second family.

Maybe if I go missing again, I won't have to leave. I could hide in mike's closet or something...

He could feed me eggos every night and keep me safe from the evil demogorgons and lab people.

He would be my own personal superhero..

I don't want to leave! I'm going to go insane.

I dont need to listen to El rant for 2 hours on a plane.

I don't need El telling me that she'll just get a new boyfriend... I dont need her on my ass every second of the god damned day!

Here I can let my wings out and BE FREE.

PLUS, this is the only place so far that has people who are accepting with who I am.

Partially because I have known everyone in Hawkins since I was a baby, but also because everyone here is so nice!

Anyways, I talked to Max and Lucas and we agreed on going christmas shopping around town. Sadly, Dustin wasn't able to join us. He said that his cat went missing again and he had to help his mother find it.

(side note, Claudia Henderson reminds me of Sonia Kaspbrak... ANYWAYS, Back to the story)

(No, but seriously tho... Dusty.... Eddiebear? THE NICKNAMES...)

But he did say that he would be around once he figures out a way to get out of helping his mom.

I open the door to the bathroom and slip off all of my clothes to take a shower.

I was supposed to hang out with Mike today...

But I want to get him a gift, therefore he can't join us on our shopping trip. He would follow me around, literally everywhere. It's what he always does!

He'll probably just play Atari all day to avoid having any social interactions with his crazy ex girlfriend.

I'm really glad I'm Will Byers and not Mike Wheeler.

I turn on the water and let the water fall onto my hand so I know how much I need to adjust the temperature.

"Shit! That's hottttt." I hiss.

I turn the knob about 3 inches to the left.

"Too cold..."

I turn it 2 inches to the right.

"Ohhhh yes. Hot but not too hot."

I am so fucking gay. Kill me, someone.

My mind suddenly wanders off to Robin.

She was brave to tell me her situation...

She didn't even have to ask me.. i just blurted it out because im freaking stupid.