Chapter 4 ➵Dinner Time

Author's Pov:

They all got to the restaurant pretty quickly since it was only 5 minutes away.

Since El had never been to a restaurant before, Will had to help her out with what to do.

In the end, she still asked Joyce to order for her since she was nervous.

But she decided to share a pizza with Will since she didn't like any of the other options on the menu.

Will didn't really have a problem with it either since he doesnt have a very big appetite anyways.

"This is good... it's called, pi-pizza?" El asks.

"Yep." Will grins at her.

"Cool." She smiles.

"Seems like you two are getting along well." Joyce smiles at both of them.

"Well, Mike introduced us so," El looks at Will.

He frowns at the sound of his name.

Will was really going to miss Mike.

"Will, what's wrong?" El's smile fades quickly.

"Nothing.. I just miss all of our friends." He puts emphasis on the word friends which makes Johnathan look at him funny.

"Will?"

"I'm fine! Okay? Please just leave me alone." He cries.

He takes a bite out of his pizza and covers his face with his greasy hands.

"Well how about this alternative... we can call the Wheeler's and see if we can all get together in a few weeks." Joyce suggests.

"El can see her boyfriend, and maybe Will can see the rest of the group. Win win for everyone."

"Except for the boyfriend part." Will whispers ever so quietly.

"What?" El's eyes widen.

"Nothing."

Will prayed that she didnt hear what he said.

"Will. Do you have a problem with Mike being my boyfriend? It's not like he's yours. He said he loves me." El snaps.

"I know.." he mumbles.

"Why would you say that? I thought you were nice."

"You know what? Friends don't lie so I don't know what you want to hear. You break up with Mike over a small lie that Hopper made him tell. You do know that he lied to you because he never wanted you to be taken from him again. He was miserable without you after you knew him for a few days. Imagine what he would be like if he lost you after knowing you for a year. So yes, I do have a problem with you and him because he never did anything wrong and you treated him like shit. He's 14 years old, he's not experiencing in relationships and obviously you aren't either."

"Will! We do not use language like that. Apologize to Jane right now." Joyce demands.

"Hell no." Will scoffs.

"Will-"

"No! I'm not going to apologize."

"You're right Will. I was being a jerk to him. Probably why he didn't even kiss me back or close his eyes." She frowns.

Will never heard that story.

Mike just told him that El said she loved him.

Which obviously made Will feel like shit, but its not like Mike knew Will's feelings.

(Short chapter Im sowwy)

Xxx

-K