Chapter 19 ➵ Feelings

Mike's Pov:

Why did he smell like me? Thats oddly adorable. He was going through my soaps?

What the fuck, Mike. You need to get rid if your soaps.

But my soaps smell sooooooo good.

I will never succumb to giving away my soaps.

My soaps are my babies... He can USE them.. but he sure can not take them. Cause theyre MINE.

Especially the one that is multiple colors... its kind of like a rainbow soap.. but it smells like peaches.

Holy shit.

I'm fucking gay.

I am so fucking gay. WHAT!?

What straight person collects delicious smelling soap?

Haha.. people in SOAP Operas....

Im not even funny.

IM GAY!

He looked so cute....

He was wearing one of my red sweaters....

He looked like a fcking Christmas gift made in heaven.

WHAT THE FCK!

Im crushing on my GAY bestfriend who just came out to me. This is not good.

This is a bigggg problem.

BESIDES THAT,

I wanted Will to hang out with me. Not them! Why would he choose them over me!?

Not that they are bad or anything, but...

I wanted him to choose me. Will is my..... best friend. Therefore, I wanted to spend my day with him. I like being around him. He makes me happy.

Probably one of the only things that make me happy nowadays, but that's besides the point.

The point is, is that I'm not letting Will off the hook. Im following them, wherever theyre going, and Im seeing what they are up to.

Like the other day, I saw him hanging out with Robin. He never told me why! But I really really really wanna know.

Will Byers is hiding something from me, and I do not like it at all.

Oh, and you might say, "Mike its none of your business."

I don't care.

I want to know what's going on with him. I want to make sure that everything IS okay, and that everything WILL be okay.

••••

I followed Will all the way to the mall parking lot, where I witnessed Lucas's improv death scene and them all running quickly towards the mall entrance.

Now's my chance.

I start sprinting.... but slowly.... after them. Ever once in awhile I had to duck behind a car or a bush, but besides that, I would say I was hella stealthy.

Call me crazy Mom, but your son is a ninja.

"Shit." I mutter under my breath. Theyre inside but theyre just STANDING there.

MOOOOOOOOOOVE!

Finally.

They moved :)

I start running towards the doors and make my way inside.

Stealthy like a ninja, I think.

This totally isn't stalking either.

After about an hour of listening to them shop, me hiding inside of clothes racks, and walking around, I get to a good resting point.

Will and Max were in the the changing rooms trying on fancy dresses. Apparently they got bored and wanted to try something out.

I hid in the dressing stall right next to them.

Every once in awhile, I would also hear Lucas coming into the big room, saying something along the lines of,

"Here are the dresses you guys requested."

Or

"Here you go ladies."

Or

"A dress for the princess, and a dress for the prince."

That made me chuckle a few times...

"This dress makes me look so fat." I hear Max complain.

"Oh please. You're super skinny." Will says annoyingly.

"That's why I said it makes me LOOK fat." She corrects.

"Alright.." Will says awkwardly.

They try a few more dresses on before either if them say anything.

"Hey Max?" Will mumbles.

"Yeah?"

"Can I talk to you about something... serious?"

"Yeah sure. Whats up?"

"Um, have you ever liked someone, but can't tell them or anyone because they may think your weird for liking that person...?" He starts.

"Why, do you like Lucas?" She says nonchalantly.

"Uh no thank you." He laughs.

For some reason, that caused me to smile. Will doesn't like Lucas... that's one more person I can check off my list for, "who does Will like?".

"I'm just asking because.... I like this person, and Im 99.99% sure they don't feel the same, because it would be weird if they DID like me."

"What do you mean it would be weird?" She asks.

"I don't know if I want to say..." he starts. "You promise you won't tell anybody? I trust that you won't kill me once I tell you..."

"Of course, you can trust me. Plus, I would only kill you if you said you like the person I like."

"Uhhhh..... isn't that Lucas?" He asks

"No.. me and Lucas broke up. Officially. But we're cool." She explains.

"Thats good.." Will sighs.

What is Will so worried about? Any guy would be lucky to have him. He shouldn't be so scared...

Also, I totally know who Max likes.

"Well.. spit it out. Whooooo do you likeeeee?" She squeals.

"Shitttt. It's so hard to say."

I hear Will sitting down on a creaky bench.

"Why?"

"Because... it's complicated."

"How is it complicated?"

"Because... he's my best friend."

"He? He as in... male? Male as in boy? You like a boy!?" She shouts.

"Yeah, say it louder for the people in the back." I mumble to myself.

"What was that?" Will asks.

"What was what?"

Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit.

"I-I was probably just hearing things... sorry." He stutters.

"Okay okay! Who's the guy?"

"What!?" Will shout.

"Jeez. Dont scream at me. Who's the boy you like?"

"... my bestfriend."

"I know, but what's his name?"

Will, whats his name???? I tell myself.

"It's- um." He pauses.

"It's Mike."