Chapter 13 ➵ His eyes are pretty

Will's Pov:

It was morning, so everybody was awake and being loud again.

I was hoping I could talk to El about the incident yesterday, but I have no idea how I would even approach that.

She would ask why she couldn't tell Mike, and she would end up finding out about my feelings, then she would throw me against a wall or beat me over the head with a frying pan.

Or tell my mom....

I think she already knows.

She just doesn't have the heart to say anything...

I've wanted to tell my mom, and Jonathan about my feelings, but when my dad found out (not that I like boys, but that I didnt like any girls), he freaked out.

Lani never liked the fact that I do "girly" things like drawing.

I don't believe being gay has to do with drawing at all, but in his eyes yes.

~

*Flashback*

*Will is 7 years old*

Will laid flat on his stomach on his bed, with a crayon in one hand, and a pencil in the other.

He was drawing one of his first pictures.

Since he was only 7, the drawing didn't look the best, but it was darn better than what any other 7 year old boy could do.

Will often brought smaller drawings to school, and bragged to everyone about how amazing it looked.

"Look at my green alligator! It only took me like 3 seconds to draw it. Its so cool." He would often say.

"My drawing is gooder than yours! Yours looks like poopy."

"I can color inside the lines like a big boy."

"Drawing is for boys too!"

"Im gonna be the biggest and best artist."

Anyways, Will was almost finished with his drawing and he was excited to show his mommy and daddy all of his hard work.

"And... finished!" He cheered.

He jumps off of his bed and skips towards the living room and shouts for both of his parents.

"Mommy, Daddy! Look at what I drew!" He grins widely.

"What did you draw?" Joyce asks.

"Guessss." Will sits down on the ground and looks straight up at his mom in the kitchen.

"A person?"

"Mom! Its Mike. I drew Mike."

"Why would you draw Mike? That's weird." Lani shouts from the living room.

"Lani, shush. Will spent awhile on this." Joyce defends.

"I drew Mikey because he's pretty." Will scrunches his nose and smiles.

"Shhh. Dont say that." Joyce warns.

"Say what mommy?" He asks confused.

Joyce kneels down in front of her little boy and grasps his small shoulders.

"Don't say that another boy is pretty... especially around your father." Joyce whispers quickly.

"But Mike has really pretty eyes... and his freckles make him look even more prettier." Will gives him mom a toothy grin.

"Will, how about you go to your room, okay?"

A few seconds later, they both hear footsteps coming towards the kitchen.

Lani stood there with clenching fists and a beet red face.

"Joyce, what is going on here?" Lani asks.

"Nothing.. just making dinner like you asked?" She replies.

"No, what I mean is.. why did you let our son say those things? You know how disgusting that is. I cannot believe you." Lani scoffs.

"He's 7 years old Lani. It doesn't matter! Nothing he says is going to make perfect sense." She argues back.

"No! It does matter. He is sick. We don't need him getting even more sick. He's a sick queer. We can't have that in this household!" Lani finishes as he storms out of the room to Will's room.

"Lani! Leave him alone." Joyce shouts after him.

"What's going on?" Jonathan peeks his head out of his bedroom door that says, "no girls aloud."

"Nothing sweetie." Joyce responds to her other son.

Jonathan, being the typical 11 year old, obviously didnt trust what his mother had to say.

He heard yelling so he knew for a fact that it wasn't just "nothing".

~

"Lani! Stop!" Joyce yells.

She holds onto Will, pulling him back so he wouldnt be hurt by his fathers rage.

Lani yanks all of Will's desk drawers open and tears up all of the white sheets of paper he could find.

"No son of mine is gonna be a faggot! No more coloring! No more drawing! And thats final!" Lani screams.

"Stop!!" Will squeals.

Lani rips the crayons out of their boxes and snaps them all in two.

Jonathan jumps up and runs towards his little brothers room.

"What the hell!?" He shouts.

"Lani! That's enough." Joyce shouts and pushes Lani out of the way.

"Thats enough! Get out of my house. You're obviously not capable of calming down and leaving it alone like a mature adult! So get out!" She pushes his body towards the door.

"Fine. Ill leave, but he's not staying here as long as I'm here." Lani furrows his eyebrows and Will in disgust.

"Dad! Get out." Jonathan huffs.

...

With that, they didn't see Lani for awhile.

Back to Hawkins || ➵ Bylerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें