Chapter 58: Andrew's Dark Past

Beginne am Anfang

I hopped into my car, starting it and strapping myself in. I was about to put the car in reverse to back out of my driveway, when I got a text message.

My phone jumped in my lap, and I grabbed it, looking at it as the screen lit up.

BELLA: we need to talk. can you pick me up?

I cursed at myself. I wanted to give in so bad, but I couldn't just walk away from all this money.

It was selfish.

But that's the only way I could live.

I was selfish with Bellamy, selfish with money, selfish with everything. But I didn't care. I knew who I was, and that was the person I wanted to be.

Living in my world, love, compassion, happiness didn't combine well with sins, blood, and death. I had to choose one or the other. And if I chose one, I could end up dead.

I couldn't let love become my weakness, so I became selfish and hid everything from everyone.

I didn't tell Bellamy and that was my first mistake. She was my first love, and exactly the person I saw myself spending eternity with. She was stubborn, strong-headed, passionate, but most importantly, loving.

And maybe that's why I acted the way I did, because I was naive that my love with Bellamy was going to last forever. I was conjuring up dreams of her and I growing old together and watching our kids grow up with happiness.

That's all I wanted in this world to be satisfied. To have her by my side, to guide me through life's hardships, and everything that comes with growing up.

It took me all my might to reject her offer, and I almost felt compelled to listen to the voices in my head that begged me not to see her.

But I had to.

BELLA: i'm not taking no for an answer, Price. pick me up. we need to talk.

I decided to go see her, and we can talk about whatever she needs to talk about, and then I will leave and go see the guys.

I decided to let them know beforehand to meet up with me at the underground party, because I had other business to attend to before I went with them.

They agreed.

I then sped down my driveway and went to go see the girl of my dreams.

She lived in a quiet townhouse on the outskirts of the Los Angeles city. It was made of purely brick, with a small white door, and a white picket fence surrounding the front yard. The curtains of her front window were wide open, and as soon as I pulled up to the sidewalk, I noticed that she was pacing around in her living room.

What was so important that we had to talk about, that got her all worked up?

I quickly honked my horn, seeing her jump at the sound coming from outside her house. She races out the door, putting on her black furry jacket as she closed the front entrance behind her.

She jumped into the passengers seat in one swift move.

"Geez, Belle, calm down." I turned the car off. "What's got you all nervous?"

She sighs, her brown eyes turn dark. "It's nothing."

"It's obviously something." I play with the door handle of the car. "How about we go inside and talk about it?"