one.

With a hand on the side of her head, Jamie was having a hard time dealing with the headache that was beginning to pound against her skull

With a hand on the side of her head, Jamie was having a hard time dealing with the headache that was beginning to pound against her skull. Her best friend was on the other headset as her co-assistant stage manager, cross stitching a cat for her sister. While Jamie was counting down until the next quick change on her side of the stage.

They were officially practicing the show with everything. A full run through after the excruciating pain of all day tech. Where there were so many pauses to adjust the lighting that Jamie was prepared to sleep during it all.

Over the headset, her stage manager spoke out, "Jamie, is Marcus ready?"

Standing up, Jamie tugged the cord of her headset behind her to make sure that it didn't get caught to anything. She peered around the curtain, hating how it had been set up, and saw that Marcus was standing ready in his costume. Pressing onto the button, Jamie responds, "Yeah, he's ready."

"All right. Lights. Sound. Ready?"

Hearing the responses of the two crew members in charge of the lighting board and the sound board. Jamie made her way back to her seat, pressing her head against one of the electrical boxes to try and relieve the headache.

"Jamie? Jamie? Is the fairy guts ready? Stage left? Hello?"

Jamie threw her headphones off and took off to the prop table, she picked up the pieces of fairy guts that they had. Broken wings from an extra costume and leftover fabric along with a few bones. She came back to her spot, standing so she was out of the sight lines. She couldn't hear her cue but she had been practicing it for the past few weeks so she didn't need it.

From the other side of the stage she could see her best friend talking into the headset, probably telling the stage manager that she had gotten the props and was in position. But didn't have her headset down. Watching as the scene unfolded in front of her, Jamie waited until the fairy was completely off, listening to the sound affect and then threw the guts out onto the stage.

After the end of rehearsal, while Jamie was putting props away the stage manager approached her with a concerned look, "Hey, are you okay?"

"I'm fine." Jamie automatically responded with, rubbing the side of her head again as the thumping returned. "Just a headache."

"Are you sure?" Waiting for a further clarification, her stage manager continued on, "Is it because of her meds? Did you eat at all today? I know how lightheaded you can get if you don't eat."

"I ate. Erika forced me to eat something." Jamie answered with a slight laugh, she had to take medication since the beginning of the year and all of her friends seemed to really get up in arms when they find out that she didn't eat, "She dragged me to Chipotle and got me food the second she learned I didn't eat."

"You bet your ass I did." Erika says while coming over to them, her hand was on her hip, "You always do this. You wake up, go to school and ignore your needs. We do not need you fainting on us."