Chapter 68 | Casa De Luna

Cyrus and I headed after him, he kept the elevator door open for us and we began descending the various floors of the building.

"She's probably packing her stuff in her room," Ed said nonchalant with an eye roll, "I've known her long enough to know how she works, I've got the whole Lana manual memorized."

As we walked toward Lana's room we could hear her yelling a series of profanities,

"I can't stand him. He is literally impossible. Whoever fucked his face should've just gone all the way and ended him right then and there. Ugh!" she exclaimed angrily throwing various shirts and pants into a suitcase atop her mattress.

"You knew he'd react like this Lana, what did you expect." Ed coolly stated as he took a seat on a desk in the corner.

"Ed, don't. Don't give me your whole "calm down" spiel, I'm not going to calm down, and I don't care about his viewpoint, and I couldn't care less about this God damn organization right now! Five years of my youth and for what? For what huh?" she furiously tossed another pair of pants into the suitcase, which was overflowing with clothes at this point.

"Damn it, I can't even think straight. I'm not staying here one more night. Not a single one! I'd rather die!"

"Ok, now you're just being dramatic." 

Lana gave Ed a menacing look, "don't test me Ed, today is not the day. Just please get me out of here. I want to leave, right now. Right this second. And what are you two doing here? There's nothing I can do for you or help you with. Lana out." She plopped down onto her mattress and began sorting through the mess of clothes piled in the suitcase.

"We just came by to see how you're doing." I answered taking a seat next to her, "we don't really know where else to go. Ed filled us in, they're not letting any of the newer recruits like us go on the rescue mission tomorrow."

She was silent for a bit as Cyrus leaned against the wall across from me, his eyes lost in thought. 

"Well, there's nothing I can help you with. Hell, I don't even know where I'm going to go after my next stop."

"Where's your next stop?"

***

The painted letters on the sign were fading, but legible nonetheless, Casa De Luna. We'd taken a hell of a road trip in Ed's SUV to get here, sixteen hours can make even the largest of spaces feel suffocating, and his car was no exception.

To make matters worse, Shayla was among the lucky ones to accompany us on this trip. The little weasel is apparently good friends with Lana now. Not sure how that happened. It was intolerable breathing the same air as her for 16 whole hours.

I truly thought I'd matured these past couple of months, but nope. She's managed to bring out the pettiest of the petty in me every time she says, does, or even looks at something. Luckily for me, in a few minutes, we'll all be free from this four-wheeled cage, and I can get as far away from her as possible.

The sign to Casa De Luna pointed toward a winding dirt path through a heavily forested area. According to Lana, a jewelry-maker who directly worked in the palace when the uprising took place, had escaped to live in solitude in this secluded mansion. Rumor has it, he doesn't accept to work with people unless they have an item of jewelry he's created in the past. Lana is positive that he can provide insight into her search for the connections and story of the royal families and their peril.

Cyrus and I mostly tagged along to buy ourselves more time. My options consisted of returning to the palace and pretending I fit into Maurice's Breeding program, or going back to Mason Park where my life would consist of an insanity-inducing monotonous life. Cyrus's options were similar to mine with a few slight variations in between.