Chapter Twenty-Three: Issues

Start from the beginning

It's my job as the leader, the boss, to save as many people as I can. I have to make the hard decisions no matter how much I wish I didn't.

Throughout the last week I've been having these troubling thoughts, I've had my brothers teamed up with the toughest team I could think of: Jamie, Kayla, and Layla. I know my brothers weren't excited, and they've quite honestly been pushed past their limits, past their comfort zones, but my girls are doing their jobs and helping my brothers prepare themselves for even a sliver of this world that so desperately wants to eat us all up and then spit us out.

My girls are some of the best, and I know they put their grudges aside. They work to save and protect as many lives as possible. It's who they all are.

It's who we were all raised to be. 

<><><><>

No matter how busy I've been though, I still give the orders around here. I'm still in charge, leading the pack.

I've been having Wyatt try to hack into the police's software along with any of our rival gangs in the area. I need some sort of idea as to who is messing with my gang.

After all, when you mess with my gang, you mess with me. And when you mess with me, you're messing with something incredibly dangerous. It'll only be a small amount of time before someone catches you in your mistakes.

We're not known for being some of the best for nothing.

We catch you by surprise and then destroy you. 

It's what we do best.

<><><><>

A Few Hours Later 

I was checking in on Wyatt's progress, finding myself at a spot where it seemed acceptable to take a break. I had finished half of the work I needed to complete by tonight, and so I'd decided rather quickly that I needed a small change of scenery for a few minutes.

I had called and checked in on Luke and Kayla, both of who were now at the gun range teaching the new recruits about our version of gun safety. They were both doing fine, their group was doing fine. After that phone call was done with, I called Layla and Jamie over the phone to see how they were doing with training the moderately-trained recruits with hand-to-hand combat. Layla and Jamie were doing fine, and the group of people were showing progress. Finally, I called Max and we held a small conversation about how many errands he has left to run for the illegal business before he'd be back over to continue helping me with all the never ending paperwork we have. 

Knowing that all my friends who were out of the house, were safe at the moment, I sighed heavily and rubbed at my eyes. I am so tired. My brain is on overload, and I could barely comprehend what I was going through on my computer in regards to different meetings and deals I'm setting up.

Deciding that I could have a longer break and still be able to finish my work today at a decent time, I got out of my comfortable rolling chair and moved to exit the office.

I walked down the hall, closing my office door behind me. I gave a quick knock on the shut door in front of me before I heard an almost nonexistent "Come in!"

I opened the door, took a few steps in, closed the door, and leaned up against the framing, my arms crossing themselves over my chest, as I rose an eyebrow and questioned the teenage boy in front of me-

"Wyatt, you get any farther?"

"No. I haven't." Wyatt told me, "But I am almost finished with my sixth cup of coffee. Can you go get me another, please?" he asked me while rubbing at his eyes tiredly with one hand and holding the coffee cup out with his other.

Run-Away Little Sister: HurtingOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara