12th Chapter.

|||

The night was young. The moon shining brightly along their town. Secretary May and the Finance Director walked back to her home the day after he spent the night at her home.

They had been to dinner tonight, to a fancy restaurant that he reserved. Although Secretary May was more simplistic, she appreciated the gesture.

The Finance Director looked up at the sky, examining the stars as they walked down the street. "The sky looks nicely tonight." He said. She looked up as well. "Yes, sir. It does. It's bright." She said. He let out a single chuckle, then looking over at her.

She looked down at the ground after making eye contact with him. "I don't intend for this to be awkward for you, Director." She said. "For what to be awkward?" He asked her. "We have just announced feelings for one another. I don't intend to be standoffish. I plan to be more open, eventually." She told him.

She felt him still staring at her. She felt his hand glide into hers. "Is this less awkward for you?" He said to her, smiling confidently. She gasped, looking around at pedestrians and hoping no one would see them. "Sir, what if someone sees us? You can easily be recognized, someone will start a rumor and it'll get back to the company!" She told him, trying to move her hand out of his.

"That will be the first positive thing to happen in awhile." He told her. "We have to remain professional, Sir." She told him. "You are right. Perhaps instead of calling you secretary May, I should start calling you My Lady." He said. She gasped and shushed him.

"Do you not want me to call you my lady? You don't want me to announce it proudly that Secretary May is now My Lady?" He said. She shushed him, looking around. She lightly tapped his arm, and he smiled down at her.

She started to notice people turning to glare, but little did she know it only came from her loud shushing. She began to tug him out of the eye of the public, as he pretended to act confused.

For the first time, Secretary May felt personal annoyance with him. The company is already having a financial scandal, an intimate one would make things worse.

Once they arrived back at her home, she stared up at him with a still face. His face dropped slowly, to a look of curiosity. "Secretary May, did I do something wrong?" He asked her. "Do you not care about your image, Sir? A lot could be jeopardized if you slip even the slightest." She told him.

Secretary May was always so focussed on work and keeping a strong representation to her workplace and the public. This all came from his training, clearly. He was glad she was focussed, hardworking, and determined. However, he didn't want her hardworking space to become a burden for herself.

"Everything is fine-" she put her finger up respectfully to silence him. "The process to clear up the misunderstanding within the company has not began yet. We only had a meeting within the workers in our own department about our starting move." She told him. He pulled her finger down so that he could look around it.

"Then let's enjoy this night while we have it." He told her bluntly. "How could you be so careless, Director?" She said. "I am not being careless." He said. He walked up to her. "For the first time I am making time for my personal life." He said.

"T-that is...-You, Secretary May." He said. Her expression softened. "I want our bond strong while we deal with the issues in the company. I am a righteous, gorgeous, and intelligent man, but I have never found a reliever for my hard working until I hired you." He told her.