8th Chapter.

|||

5:00 AM

The birds chirped loudly on this warm morning. This was around the time that everyone would awaken and prepare to go to their places of work.

Secretary May turned off her alarm clock as she drowsily rolled out of bed. She smiled, sitting upright and stretching. She proceeded to go into her bathroom.

Brushing her teeth, she checked the time, making sure she was moving swiftly enough. She nodded in approval.

|||

The Director lifted up his face in alert. He looked around his bedroom in confusion. He looked at his positioning; him laying on his stomach, face-planting into his sheets, his body at the foot of the bed instead of the top with the headboard.

He rubbed his face as she began to sit up. "Wha- Ow!" He groaned, his head aching for a moment. He held his forehead gently. Once the pain subsided, he continued to look around drowsily. He looked down at his clothing, his tie undone and his shirt slightly unbuttoned.

He gasped loudly once putting the pieces together. "Was I intoxicated last night?" He asked outloud, trying to think back to what could have gone on previously. He couldn't really remember well.

He felt a wave of embarrassment come over him, for the first time since Secretary May rejected him for the first time. Speaking of which, did she see him that way?

"Secretary May! Did she see me being intoxicated last night? Did I do something regretful? I am the most handsomest man in all of Los Angeles. I cannot stoop down to such immature ways. What even provoked me to reach this point?" He Questioned himself, covering his face with his hands. He noticed small pills sitting on the side of his bed. He stared at them for a moment.

He slowly got out of bed and proceeded to get dressed, his mind trying to collect last nights memories.

|||

Secretary May approached the Director's home quickly. She did her daily routine of completing his daily preparations. She stood waiting for him to come out of the bathroom.

He walked out, his body slightly swaying from trying to regain his conscious. She froze once seeing Secretary May. For some reason, he couldn't stand to look her in the face confidently after last night. He had no remembrance of anything he said or did the night before.

"Goodmorning, Director." She Said, smiling respectfully. He stared at her in confusion, then rubbing his head again. He looked himself in the mirror, trying to make sure everything was still the same. "Still handsome. No markings or bruises, no clothing in my room other than mine." He whispered quietly. "What was that, Sir?" Asked Secretary May. He shook his head. "Do not worry about it." He Said, standing up straight and covering himself back into his self-absorbed demeanor.

Secretary May walked up to him to put his tie around his neck after helping him to put on his suit jacket. He froze once she made eye contact with him. He started to think about last night, wondering if he had done anything regretful. He gently grabbed the tie from her hands and wrapped it up, then putting it in his pocket. "The tie can stay off for now." He Said, nodding awkwardly.

"Alright, Director. Then, we should head to work now." She Said, turning away and heading towards the front door. The Director followed behind slowly.