28. Mixed

I'm a shitty author

75 votes

20 comments

-

"I love you Brooke, you can tell me anything"

-

*6 months later*

I sat in the office of Dr Parker, he sat at his desk clicking his pen and not saying anything. I sat opposite him, watching as his finger pressed and pressed that button, the clocking repetitive until it got too much and I couldn't take it any longer 

"What did you want to see me for?" 

It seemed like I had just snapped him out a daydream, he shook his head and blinked at me a few times before opening his mouth to speak "I needed to talk to you"

I stared at him, waiting to see where this was going. He just swallowed hard "Brooke, this is your last day in here...You're mother is coming to pick you up tomorrow"

"What?!" I stood now "But it hasn't been a year yet, I can't go, you can;t let me. You're my doctor say I'm sick, say I can't go yet!"

He put his pen down and sighed deep "I wish I could Brooke, I really do, but your mother wants you out so I can only go with what she wants"

I felt angry tears spring to my eyes now "Please, Please I'm asking you, no! I'm begging you to say I need to stay!"

He stood now and looked at me "Why? When you first came in here you were so desperate to leave, so desperate to get out of here"

I rubbed my face with my hands "I have to be here, I can't leave"

"Is this becuase of Nathan?" He asked abruptly 

i looked up from my hand and stared at him, he was watching me with no emotion on his face and his pen twirling in his fingers. I sighed and nodded slowly "Yes, I can't leave him..I-I love him and I can't imagine leaving him, I want to stay with him, and if that means being in here for the rest of my life then I would do it, becuase for him I would do anything"

He gave a soft chuckle "He's getting better, he's coming to his sessions and I'm getting words out of him, infect I'm getting so much more out of him than I ever did before"

"I know" I nodded "He's doing it for me...He told me it's for me, he wants to get out of here, he wants a life with me outside of these walls. If I have to go back and tell him I'm out of here tomorrow it'll break him and he;ll just revert back to the old Nathan"

'Thomas' sighed and nodded "I've noticed"

"So you understand why I can't go, please Tom, you have to tell my mum I'm still sick" I begged him, hoping he would just do this one thing

He shook his head "I'm sorry Brooke"

Angry tears filled my eyes now, I threw his paper work off his desk for no particular reason but I the fact that I could. I shook my head at him and left the room, I was about to strom down the hallway when I heard an all too familiar voice call my name,

I turned and saw Ayehsa walking towards me, heavily pregnant and due in two months. I looked at her and ran at her, hugging her tight and not letting go until the feeling of wanting to break down passed. I looked at her and she wopre a confused expression.

I sniffed and she took my by the top of my arms "What's wrong? is it Nathan?"

I shook my head and wiped a stray tear that was making it's way down my cheek. She looked at me and tilted her head slightly "What is it?"