06. Isolation

YOU GUYS ARE PERFECT OKAY!!!

40 votes

10 comments

-

"And that's why I want to know you"

-

After the kissing incident I avoided Nathan completly, the moment was kept between me and him and it would not be spoke about with anyone else. It was past midnight now and I was still awake, I was thinking abouyt everything. About Sean, about Nathan and and Ayesha and Dr Parker, everything that has happened with me being here in the past two weeks.

I rolled over and saw Ayesha sleeping with one leg and arm hanging out the side of her bed. She was snoring slightly and somehow I wished that I could sleep like that. After another fifteen minutes of not being able to sleep I decided to get up.

I crept out the room and shut the door quietly behind me. I walked down the hall silently due to bare feet, it was slightly chilly considering I was only in my pyjama's which consisted of cotton shorts and a vest top. I made my way down to social area, just want to be alone somewhere. I opened the doors and was met with the dark room.

I shut the door behind me and crept to the other side where me and Ayesha normally sit. i sat down and rest my head on the table. Just listing to the sound of my breathing and enjoying the blackness, the silent blackness.

"What are you doing?"

I jumped so hard that I nearly fell off my chair at the voice behind me, I knew who it was the second they spoke.

I turned around and as my eyes had adjusted to the darkness I could just about see him "You just scared me half to death"

He laughed and pulled out the chair opposite me, I sighed loud not wanting him to sit with me "Sorry"

I shook my head "What do you want?"

"Why are you up so late?"

"I could as you the same thing"

"Yeah but I asked you first"

I groaned "Your such an immature git y'know that"

He chuckled "I know, but you still haven't answered my question"

"I couldn't sleep" I huffed

"Bad dreams?"

"No!" I came up on the defiensive, I couldn't help it. Whenever I was with him I felt the need to defend myself, to protect myself from him. "Overthinking is a big problem for me"

He was silent for a little while "I think a lot too"

I looked up at him "What about?"

"Things, my life before this"

Hearing him say that sparked something in me, I had never even considered his life before this place. If I'm honest with you i never really thought he had one, with the way he acts now I can't imagine he got very far. Then thinking about it now, he might not of acted this way before. He might of been a completly different person before here.

People change, I'm a prime example of this. Before my dad died I was and A* student, I managed to balance school work and social life well. That was until my dad died, that's when the balance tipped and I went off the rails. I began doing drugs, I would drink excessivly every weekend until I could forget what happened to my father.

I think now about, sean and think, maybe he wasn't the best person I could've been with. In fact I know he wasn't and I think I knew that when I started with him, but I loved him and I was happy. I looked back to Nathan to see him watching me