12: Space Crystal

12: Space Crystal
Date Written: December 24, 2019

[][][][][]

A whole month had passed ever since the incident where the secret base was exposed. With Kian's help, everyone who were captured were rescued. However, the lives which were lost were gone forever.

In the span of the month, the half-excelcises and humans worked hard together to manage their new base. This base was a lot better than their previous one. The only problem that they had now was food. If not for the rations that the fortisians left in the base, they wouldn't be able to survive.

In order to solve their current problem regarding the food, they were forced to attack a few bases owned by the fortisians since their diet were mostly similar to humans.

The constant raids they've done gave Kian a lot of bony white orbs to collect.

Inside a training room, he sat down on the cold, white floor as he glanced at the bony orbs which numbered more than ten.

If he did the same thing he had done to them when he restructured his body, he might be able to use them as an elixer to instantly regrow broken limbs or damaged organs.

There was also a theory he really wanted to try out but he didn't had the time to do so and that is to test if the liquid formed by the orb could indeed strengthen his body.

He was about to take one of them when his watch suddenly beeped.

"An emergency?" His eyebrows shot up as he read the message.

Without wasting any time, he gathered the bony orbs and dashed off to the control room where quite a few people were gathered.

"What's the problem?" Kian asked Fidel who stood up to meet him.

"We just managed to breach the protective system of the fortress' main computer and there's something really important that we found." Fidel explained in a low tone.

He then approached one of the screens and tapped a few times in the air before a holograpich image appeared on the air. It showed a nearly transparent crystal. Inside it were strands of multicolored lights that tangled up with each other from time to time.

When Kian saw the image, his expression changed before it returned back to normal. Fidel who was still fiddling with the screen didn't see Kian's face or he would know that something was weird.

"So, what's this?" Kian asked, his voice a bit shaky.

"It's called a Space Crystal. While its name is not particularly special, its uses are definitely shocking. No, terrifying rather." Fidel started explaining the details of the crystal with a dark expression.

The more Kian heard about it, the more his eyes widened.

The space crystal is a condensation of space from multiple dimensions that crystallized and became tangible. When used, space would become softer and thus make space travel easier. However, it's just one of the many uses. The most important uses that it have are its ability to collapse space or a create a pocket dimension.

"It seems to be the reason why the fortisian and fluctusans came to our planet. The reason why they were going all out to hunt the Excelcis and us is because the Excelcis Emperor was the previous owner of the crystal. As for now, it's probably lost in the fabric of some dimension." Fidel continued.

The two talked for a bit before Kian bid Fidel goodbye and returned to the training room.

When the door to the training room closed, Kian's indifferent expression turned nervous. He knew that Space Crystal because it's in his possession or rather, it already merged with his body and became a part of it.

Kian came contact with it at the last moment when the dimension where Dimensional Heroes Online was located collapsed. He managed to grab into it before he lost consciousness. When he woke up, he saw that it formed a barrier that shielded him from space cracks before it merged with him when he got to Earth.

"To think it actually possesses so much power. No wonder the two alien races risked coming to another dimension." He couldn't help but sigh.

After thinking for a long time, he had no choice but to put off the matter for later.

He sighed and sat down on the floor before he took out the bony white orbs once again. The previous session was interrupted because of the matter with the Space Crystal. Now, he could finally test out if this theory was right.

[][][][][]