Chapter Twenty: THE END

Rex stared out at the edge of a cliff as he looked at the cage. It seemed surreal to him that they were actually going through with the plan, he still couldn't bring himself to think of the thought of what could potentially happen if things turned wrong.... "Hey Dangervest, a little help?" Someone called him as he snapped out of his thought. He turned and saw Jenny and Lenny pulling a crate of some sort towards the back. "O-oh ya sure, here-" Rex said as he grabbed it effortlessly with one hand- holding it up in the air. "Show off.." Jenny joked, "I dunno, i think it makes him look like a hunk" Lenny batted his eyes as Rex rolled his eyes laughing. He then noticed Mayhem walk by with Lucy, discussing a plan, he blushed a bit as he turned the other way.

"Dude just talk to her.." Jenny said as she sat on the top of the crate unamused. "Ya, ask her to be your special best friendddd" Lenny giggled as Rex growled angrily at Lenny as he shrugged. Mayhem heard the two arguing as she turned confused to see Rex holding the crate up. "Oh look, she noticed us! HEY MAYHEM-" Lenny called as Rex yelped and started walking towards where Jenny was instructing him to go. Mayhem giggled a bit at that as she turned back to Lucy, talking. Once Rex placed the crate down he turned back towards Mayhem, he took a deep breath- no matter how goofy Lenny always was, he did have a point. "Now or never Dangervest...you might not get another chance.." He told himself as he took a deep breath and began to walk forward toward her. He opened his mouth to speak when Emmet jumped in out of no where, scaring the life out of him.

"EMMet- what are you doINg-" Rex breathed out. "Looking for my vest friend of course!" Emmet smiled as Rex did as well. "If the day is on schedule, Duke eats at 3:30 pm...we will begin the attack then" Lucy explained to Queen Whatevra as she nodded determined. "Then we can finally bring peace to the galaxy once more! I do hope that the others end up coming, we need as much help as we can get.." she said. "I guarantee people will come babe, who would pass up hanging out with Batman for a day?" Batman told her as Lenny nodded agreeing. "Well we gotta be certain about it, let's make another message to everyone..hopefully at least all the masterbuilders can come together.." Mayhem said as she went back towards her ship, getting ready to make a new message.

"Dude just talk to her.." Jenny's voice echoed through Rex's head. "Ya, ask her to be your special best frienddd.." Lenny's voice then echoed through his head. "Your special best friend.....Your SpEciAL Best FriENddd-" Lenny's voice kept echoing as Rex turned confused to see Lenny whispering into his ear. "YoUr- oh- heh-" Lenny laughed awkwardly. Rex rolled his eyes as he took a deep breath and walked forward. "Good luck!" Lenny called as Rex cringed to himself nervously.

"Come on...come on.." Mayhem told herself as she was getting the camera ready. Rex walked up and didnt want to distract her, she seemed busy. He quickly checked his hair in a reflection of the ship as he leaned against something, in an attempt to look charming. "Hey Rex..." Mayhem said as she still looked at the camera. "O-Oh HeY SweETs-" Rex said, shocked she noticed him. The piece of metal he was hanging on then broke as he stumbled back a bit. Before he could fully fall back Mayhem caught him by his vest. "T-thanks-" he blushed a bit. "Don't mention it" Mayhem shot a smile at him before yanking him back up and looking back at the camera frustrated. "..need any help?" Rex then asked. "I'm fine, its just this stupid camera won't seem to recorD-" She said as she tried to make it work.

"Thats because you didnt press the on button.." Rex laughed as he pressed it for her, making it work. "Oh...I swear I must have, but thanks anyways" She smiled as he blushed and looked at the ground nodding. Mayhem then began to set the camera up happily. "So, did you just come over here to look good or did you need to tell me something?" Mayhem then joked as Rex remembered and choked a bit. "R-RiGHt- uh- so I've been thinking.." Rex began. "Thats kinda dangerous.." Mayhem joked more, "we're all finally going through with the plan and we don't know what's going to happen out there..." Rex began. "Rex, I told you, everything's going to be fine and awesome again, just right after we stop this giant beast from devouring all of us" Mayhem smiled innocently.