Chapter four:

Emmet rushed up to the balcony, shut the doors, and closed his eyes as he sank to the floor. "This is probably the worst day of my life," he told himself as he hugged his knees. He then stared up at the purple-blueish sky and sighed; he paused as he noticed a shooting star. He shut his eyes tightly as he tried to think of what he wanted to wish for. Maybe it was for Lucy's dad to like him or to not live through this day or... Wishing Rex was here...

Emmet gasped as he felt his mind deceive him with that thought. Surely he missed him, but having him around again might cause problems with the others. But at the moment the only thing going through his mind was the memory he and Rex shared together on the Rexcellsor, looking out into infinite space, finally at peace for a little while... "Man, I really wish you were here," he then heard himself admit. A loud noise then filled the air as Emmet looked up and noticed the shooting star was getting closer, as if it were coming directly at him. "What the..." he mumbled, squinting more. The shooting star then started heading directly to the balcony, the one spot where Emmet was.

"Okay, time to go." Emmet told himself this as he tried to open the door but failed. "What the-" Emmet panicked as he zipped around to see the star coming closer. He tried yanking the door, but it didn't budge. He looked around and began to build a ladder to get out of there. "There, that should do the trick!" Emmet looked at it for a second before beginning to climb up, only to be hit spot on by the star.

Lucy and the others paused as they heard a loud bang from upstairs. "What was that?" Queen W.W. questioned as everyone shrugged. "Maybe we should check on Emmet," Unikitty said as everyone agreed. "No, I'll do it," Lucy said as she stood up nervously and walked towards where the noise came from.

"Ow..." Emmet whined as he got up from under the broken bricks. He looked up and noticed that half of the balcony was blown up and broken. "Oh no, nonono," Emmet whined as he tried to fix it. As Emmet tired of fixing the balcony, another figure emerged from the pile of broken bricks. Emmet sensed this and paused. "Man, that hurt, didn't it?" the voice said as he began laughing. Emmet turned around, terrified, as he met face-to-face with the figure.

"...REX?!" Emmet yelled, shocked. "Yea?" he stated normally.

"What the-h-HOW ARE YOU ALIVE?!" Emmet asked as he backed up, scared. "Eh, they needed a good plot plus, I'm a wicked cool character," Rex looked off into the distance heroically, "plus, did you really think they were only going to use me for one movie? PFT-nah. They needed this." Rex muttered before Emmet started laughing and jumped up to hug him. "Whoa, what are you doing?" Rex questioned awkwardly. Emmet didn't reply as he kept hugging him; "welcome back," he finally said after a few minutes as Rex smiled confused.

Lucy walked down the hallway, trying to think of what to say when she noticed a broken part of the castle. "Oh no. Emmet," she thought as she rushed towards it.

"Wait, but I was mean to you." Rex paused as he pushed Emmet back. "Yeah, evil is more of a word, but I like to give people second chances." Emmet shrugged as Rex scratched his head awkwardly.

Lucy paused as she heard Emmet talking to another voice, "Emmet?" She called. Emmet and Rex both paused. "Yes?" he then called out. "Who are you talking to?" "Oh, um, I just—the balcony broke in the weirdest way possible," Emmet said nervously as Rex noticed Emmet was wearing his vest. "...How so?" Lucy said as she tried to get up, "No, don't come up!" Emmet yelled as Lucy stopped, confused. "It's not safe up here... I'll come down," Emmet said as Lucy nodded in understanding. Emmet then made it down, tripping and face-planting right beside her. "So, uh, what's up?" Emmet lay on the floor, trying to act casual.

"What happened? We heard a loud bang, and—what happened to the balcony?" Lucy was scared. "Oh, okay, so I was out there admiring the view when this shooting star passed by right, so I wished for something, and then I noticed the star was coming super close, and so I was like, "Hey, that's coming pretty close," and then it hit me and exploded most of the balcony off," Emmet said as Lucy stared at him confused for a solid five minutes. She took a deep breath as she walked back and fourth, as Emmet waited for her awkwardly. He looked up and noticed Rex, who was looking back, confused.