Chapter three:

Emmet walked up to the mirror looking into it. "Hey there handsome, whoa- what a cool looking vest you got," he said as he complimented himself. "I know, I just got it; Lucy says I look very manly in it—way manlier than Batman and every other man in the universe combined; it's no biggie," he responded to himself.

"Emmet, are you getting ready or just talking to yourself again?" Lucy called from outside the room. "I'm getting ready." He replied awkwardly. After a couple of seconds of silence, he took off his vest and began to put on the outfit Lucy had prepared for him. While grabbing his jeans, he knocked over a bag, dropping Rex's vest.

Emmet gasped quickly as he scooped up the vest and locked the door. Once he took a breath, he looked back at the vest, then at the mirror.

After a few seconds, Emmet jumped up to the mirror, standing heroically and wearing Rex's vest. He stared at himself a little longer before ruffling his hair to look like his. "The names Rex- REX DANGERVEST" he then imitated as he punched the air. He zipped around the room punching and kicking stuff. "Emmet?" Lucy called. Emmet gasped as he kicked a soccer ball, making it hit the wall and fly right back to his face, knocking him over.

"oWW....y-yea?" Lucy heard Emmet's reply. "Are you okay in there? All I hear is yelling and a bunch of stuff falling.." "Yeah, everything's alright! Just been trying to get these skinny jeans on, they're so...skinny! Emmet replied as Lucy thought confused. "Well then change pants babe..." "Good call. I'm going to do that right now," Emmet replied.

"Shoot, that was close," he thought. He then got an idea; he slipped on his blue shirt over the vest and finished getting dressed. Lucy waited with Unikitty until Emmet came in. "Whoa, babe, not bad," she smiled. "Thanks, you don't look too bad yourself," he said in a cocky voice. "...huh?" Lucy and Unikitty tilted their heads, confused. "I mean, you look really pretty," Emmet then said shyly.

She smiled back as she looked down at the ground shyly. "W-well, we don't want to be late, so let's head off," she smiled as he agreed, extending out his arm so she can link hers with his. "Babe, are you working out? Your chest feels more buff," she then said as Emmet started to sweat. "Oh yeah, totally. I've been just bench pressing all the time." "That's good," Lucy said, then dropped the conversation as Emmet sighed with relief. "This is going to be so much fun, all of us back together, hanging out!" Unikitty smiled as Emmet agreed happily.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Batman rushed down the corridor of the castle with a bag behind his back. He looked around nervously before chucking the bag out the window. "Batman saves yet another couple of lives; your welcome," he told himself. "Honey! Do you know where all the lettuce went? The royal chefs can't seem to find any," Queen Whatevra Wa'nabi complained. Batman looked out the window to see the busted bag of lettuce he just threw out on the ground below.

"Nope, not a clue," Batman replied. "Aw what a bummer, guess the chefs are going to have to make the backup dish: steak," she said as Batman fist bumped in victory. Just as he was doing his victory dance, his phone went off, playing the old Batman theme song.

"Sup," he then answered. He nodded as the voice on the phone spoke, "I'm sorry, but who are you, dude?" Batman asked, annoyed. He then listened more and gasped. "Are you sure Wyldstyle would want you showing up? Heck, I don't even want you to show up, and its my freakin party." Batman listened more but is now becoming impatient.

"Who's Wyldstyle? I think you would know that she's your—oh, I mean Lucy, I guess," Batman corrected himself. He listened more until he moaned annoyed, "UGH, FINE, just show up or whatever, but just know that its going to end badly." Batman said as he hung up.