Chapter two:

Emmet sat at the diner playing with his smoothie bored as Lucy ordered another to go. "...You seem upset, everything alright?" Lucy questioned as she cut Emmet from his train of thought. "Oh no, it's nothing..." "...You know you suck at lying babe..." "I know its just-" Emmet cut himself off as he stared at her nervously. "...It's about Rex again isn't it?" she sighed.

Emmet shook his head for a couple of seconds, Lucy raised her eyebrow confused. He then paused, nodding in defeat. "What is your obsession with him recently?" "It's not like that Lucy... it's just...dont you feel like he deserved better?" Emmet said as Lucy frowned. "Well, yea I guess- but he did that to himself. No one told him to be evil, he DECIDED to" Lucy stated as Emmet agreed. "But the thing is, is that he was scared. He just wanted to protect me- or..us in this case..." Emmet tried to explain. "So, what are you implying?" "...He wasn't that bad of a guy!" Emmet said as Lucy nodded.

"But there's nothing we can do now. He's...gone" She said quietly as Emmet looked down nodding. He then paused as he thought of something "...Unless" "Nope. Not a chance Brickowski.." "Oh come on Lucy, everyone deserves a second chance" Emmet begged as she rolled her eyes. She then looked at him as he made puppy eyes.

"...No Emmet we can't, and stop doing those eyes...their adorable" Lucy muttered looking away. "Aw you think their adorable-" "not the point babe, even if we were to hypothetically go back in time and bring him back here, what makes you think he would even want to be your friend?" "uh cause were the same person? Who wouldn't want to be their own best friend, plus then we would have one more super cool best friend" Emmet explained as Lucy smiled a bit.

"You really do try to see the good in people, I like that about you" she smiled. "Well thats nice to hear, especially cause I like everything about you" he responded as she laughed. She then reached out to his hand, intertwining their hands together. Emmet smiled widely at her as she did the same back.

Emmet was always happy with Lucy, that was a fact that he knew for certain- along with the rest of the Systar system... "You know what, forget about Rex, im happy with the way things are" Emmet stated as Lucy smiled. "Really?" "Mhm, I'm happy with just you and-" "Me." Batman interrupted, scaring the two.

"Sup nerds, sorry to barge in on your cheesy romance scene but I'm thirsty and I didnt bring any money" Batman stated as he sat down beside Emmet, taking his smoothie. "Arent you like a billionaire?" Lucy questioned as Emmet frowned at his smoothie that was already halfway gone.

"Yea but I don't just go carrying around my money. What kind of idiot do you take me for?" Batman raised and eyebrow. "A pretty big one if you ask me" Lucy mumbled.

"UGH what is even in this smoothie?!" Batman yelled, turning to Emmet. "...Strawberry Banana?" Emmet replied confused. "ITS DISGUSTING....get me another one" Batman demanded, "alrighty- two more smoothies please" Emmet told the waitress as she nodded happily.

"So why are you here again, specifically- why are you bothering us?" Lucy questioned. "Because, my queen is trying this new protein diet and I'm sick and tired of eating salads and other gross things like fruits- spoiler: thats most likely what were eating tonight. Real men eat lobster and steak-" "ooo i like steak does that make me manly?" "-well most guys, but guys are only manly if they are insanely ripped like me as well" Batman replied to Emmet.

"So your secretly still eating the stuff you like, yet you didnt bring any money?" Lucy raised an eyebrow. "Hey, I basically saved the entire universe so 1: your welcome and 2: I think I can at least get a free meal every once and a while" Batman said proudly as she shrugged giving up on the conversation. He then paused as his phone went off.

"Hey babe. Yea I'm coming back right now honey I was just- ....yea I know...yes I remember the diet, I definitely didnt just down three burgers or anything... Okay I'm coming back" Batman said as he hung up. "Well, I have to get the dinner ready so catch you losers later" he stated as he shot his grappling hook through the nearest window, zipping out.

"Alrighty, two strawberry banana smoothies" the waitress sang as she handed Emmet the two drinks. "Aw. Batman didnt even get his smoothie" Emmett frowned. Just as he stated that, the grappling hook came back and grabbed the smoothie, taking it out as well. "Oh nevermind" Emmet smiled as the waitress stared confused.

Lucy checked the time on her phone, "Hey its almost time to head over, wanna head back?" She asked as Emmet nodded happily. After paying the two got up and walked through the town.

"So for the party I choose out that blue shirt you like with your black jeans and white shoes" Lucy explained as Emmet nodded. "And I choose out that blue dress you always like! Look at that, were going to be a matching couple" Emmet smiled. "I guess we are, gosh, we really are a cheesy couple" Lucy laughed a bit.

As they made their way back to the house, Emmet looked through some of the windows of the open shops curiously. One thrift store in particular caught his eye. "..Wanna go in for a second?" Lucy questioned as Emmet nodded.

Emmet looked amazed at all the unique outfits and items in the store. "you should choose out an outfit, there pretty cheap here and also, you've been wearing the same outfit for like two movies already" Lucy joked as Emmet stuck his tongue out, but looked through the clothes anyways.

"So, maybe try to get some darker colors like black and greys, those tones look good on you" Lucy said as she helped look through racks. "Yea okay, I thought Batman's whole deal was darker colors, and you dont like my construction suit?" Emmet frowned. "No its not that it's just, your not even a construction worker anymore" she smiled. "oh...good point" Emmet agreed as he went through the vest rack.

As Lucy talked, Emmet looked through the darker vest. "Oo, what about this one" Emmet questioned as he showed her a black vest. "Yea that's a good one!" Lucy nodded.

After choosing out a few more items, they made their way to the front where a bored teenager stood. "Find everything you were looking for today?" She asked in a monotoned voice. "Yep" Emmet replied turning to smile at Lucy. Lucy then paused as her phone went off, "I'll just be outside okay babe, gotta take this" she told Emmet as he nodded understanding.

As the cashier scanned the items, Emmet looked around the front. He noticed Lucy on the phone who looked concerned and some items behind the cashier lady. "Do you want a bag for all of this?" She questioned, "yes please" he replied. She sighed as she went to the back to find one. Emmet noticed something in the back that the teen had covered before. It was a vest that looked identical to Rex's.

Emmet gasped shocked as the teen came back in. "....you good mister?" The girl questioned as Emmet continued his prolonged gasp. "-s-sorry but- where did you get that vest?" Emmet asked. "This one? Its a work one.." "No- not yours, that one!" Emmet said as he pointed to the Rex vest.

"Oh...some dude just came in and dropped it off, said it was super rare or something" the teen shrugged. Emmet stared at Lucy who was still on the phone, then back at the teen. He bit his lip nervously as he thought of what to do, after a second of arguing with himself and discovering all the possible outcomes he took a deep breath and turned back to the confused teen.

"...How much for it?"

"Okay...see you soon...bye" Lucy said nervously as she hung up. She jumped around as she heard the door open. "Hey perfect timing!" Emmet joked nervously. "Yea I guess so" Lucy smiled awkwardly. They stood like that for about two more minutes when Lucy broke the silence. "So um, get everything?" "Mhm, everything we choose out together, nothing more" Emmet laughed awkwardly as Lucy looked at him confused.

"Um- who were you talking to?" Emmet changed the subject. "Oh- no one, just a prank call thats all, probably Benny and Mayham again, up to their um...jokes again!" She answered. "...okay?" Emmet smiled a bit. He then reached down and grabbed her hand as they began to walk back to their place.

They stayed silent for most of the part, avoiding eye contact. Lucy thought about the call she just recieved and how Emmet would react. Emmet didnt seem to notice as he kept the bag to his side, he looked down and caught a glimpse of the R on Rex's vest. He smiled a bit before shutting it tight again. "Just need to get back home" Emmet thought. "At least then I wont have to bring it up for a while" Lucy continued in her mind.

"Just a little bit more to go" they both thought as they turned to one another smiling fakely before looking away awkwardly again.

Hey guys! I hope your liking this story so far, its been fun to write! (Especially this chapter). I know this was a longer chapter but I tried to squeeze in as much as I could to build up for the next chapter (DUN DUN DUNNN) but ya, thanks for reading again!!! -Homeofallfandomz