Chapter Sixteen

Emmet yawned as he woke up, he stretched a bit as he noticed the sun was shining a bit brighter than it did before. He got up happily as he practically jumped into his outfit, ready to start the day.

"Good morning everyone!" Emmet sang as he opened the door to the dining room where everyone was sitting down eating tiredly as Emmet went down the table, greeting everyone as they replied still tired and bummed out. "Morning Lucy~" he said as he kissed her cheek, "morning Benny!" Emmet said as he fist bumped him, "morning unikitty your looking under the weather~" Emmet said as Unikitty hissed as she wore a cast on her paw. "Anddd morning- Rex?" Emmet paused as he noticed Rex wasn't in his usual seat off in the back.

Everyone looked at one another worried as Emmet turned around. "Hey guys...where's Rex?" He asked confused. They all turned their head down to Lucy as she sunk a bit in her seat. "Um, your going to want to sit down for this Emmet.." Lucy said as Emmet nodded confused as he sat down. "So... We found out...Rex was...a..bad guy-" "well he WAS but now he isn't" Emmet laughed a bit. "N-no he was bad..AGAIN" Lucy emphasized again as Emmet tilted his head confused.

"W-we um, decided its best if Rex just left, it was the safest option at the moment-" Benny tried saying as Emmet paused, understanding now. "Wait- you threw him out?" He asked concerned. "Well, throw out- banish, exile, all that mumbo jumbo.." Batman said as Emmet's eyes widened bewildered. "W-what did he do?" He asked frowning.

"We caught him talking with Al and the others.." "I don't believe he would" Emmet attempted to defend Rex. Lucy sighed as she sent her phone to him. Emmet looked up at the others confused before he began to play the video. Everyone watched nervously as Emmet watched, once it finished he looked up at them squinting. "...you guys know he was being sarcastic right?" he then said as the video ended. Lucy took in that Rex said the same thing when questioning him.

"N-no he wasn't Emmet.." Jenny tried to explain as Emmet stood up, frustrated. "..I'll find the real cause of this, is there a security room where I can see this...fully?" Emmet asked Queen Whatevera as she nodded, "Mayhem is in control if that, shes in the other room but-" "-I guess I'll go ask her then" Emmet looked away sad. "Em.." Lucy finally spoke out, "I need to see the full thing or it will eat at me forever..I know Rex is a good guy... hopefully I'm right about it..." he said smiling a little. With that he then left the room. "He has too much faith in people.." Lucy said as she looked at him worried as Jenny patted her back.

Emmet walked into the other room where Mayhem was sitting, she was looking down at the crystal rose sadly. "Hey.." Emmet said quietly, "hey" she responded. "Um, I'm sorry about-" "dont be... it was stupid for me to believe he changed....i-its fine" Mayhem smiled weakly as she turned to him. "But There's a chance their wrong" Emmet said as Mayhem looked up at him, "...Lucy said you might know where the cameras to the castle are?" Emmet said as Mayhem frowned. "Y-yea, there in the library, I'll show you them" She said as he nodded going towards it.

"Okay, this should be it" Mayhem said as she took him to a room full of monitors. Emmet sat down in the seat as he began to fast forwarded through the days as he saw everything that happened the days leading up to when Al and the gang showed up. He saw Batman and Queen Whatevera hanging out in the garden, he saw Benny, Lenny, Jenny and Kenny all playing tag-which made him smile a little and even saw Lucy just sitting outside, thinking. Finally after a little while, he got to Rex...

Mayhem stared at the screen and frowned as she saw Rex walk out to Al. "...i-im sorry I...I cant-" she then said in pain as she rushed out before Emmet could stop her. He frowned more as he then turned back to watch the video.

He squinted as he looked closer into the video as he listened to what Rex said. His eyes then widened.

"I knew it.." He whispered.
••••
"Alright, i'm just about full, thanks Queen!" Benny smiled and got up as the Queen smiled back happily. "Where you heading out to?" Lucy raised an eyebrow. "We're going to try to track where those guys went off to with our weapon" Lenny said, throwing an arm over Benny as he smiled, nodding. "Shouldn't you assemble a team of some sort to help you?" Queen Whatevra said worried.